Voting Ended / Motion Passed: creation of Copa | ConnectMiles forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voting Ended / Motion Passed: creation of Copa | ConnectMiles forum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Canarsie
The only reason for me not wanting for the private forum to be public is that I have used the real first names of some of the members of TalkBoard in there — some of whom would probably prefer to remain anonymous.

Other than that, I have nothing to hide...

...but this topic is really for a different discussion, in my opinion.
I hope you haven't used my real first name. That would be very disturbing to me.

Bruce
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I hope you haven't used my real first name. That would be very disturbing to me.

Bruce
I certainly did not, Sharon.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:06 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Canarsie
The only reason for me not wanting for the private forum to be public is that I have used the real first names of some of the members of TalkBoard in there — some of whom would probably prefer to remain anonymous.

Other than that, I have nothing to hide...

...but this topic is really for a different discussion, in my opinion.

hehe, cause my name is secret
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by nsx
Our Community Director has stated unequivocally that the private TalkBoard forum will continue to exist regardless of what we say here.

For what it's worth, I agree. I don't normally post anything in private that I wouldn't post in public, but there are such things as private topics and private arguments. It's useful to have a tool for those discussions that that automatically includes all TalkBoard members and that is viewable by future TalkBoards.
A forum can exist, but if TB members simply refuse to use it?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
A forum can exist, but if TB members simply refuse to use it?
Then those TB members need to re-read the TB guidelines Anyway, the private forum is staying per the CommunityDirector, votes happen there as well as discussions; none of which have anything to do w/ Copa...

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Then those TB members need to re-read the TB guidelines Anyway, the private forum is staying per the CommunityDirector, votes happen there as well as discussions; none of which have anything to do w/ Copa...

Cheers. Sharon
Guidelines, not requirements.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by nsx
Our Community Director has stated unequivocally that the private TalkBoard forum will continue to exist regardless of what we say here.

For what it's worth, I agree. I don't normally post anything in private that I wouldn't post in public, but there are such things as private topics and private arguments. It's useful to have a tool for those discussions that that automatically includes all TalkBoard members and that is viewable by future TalkBoards.
I agree I'm usually willing to publicly/privately say the same thing. That said, there is a place for being able to have private discussions/debate; I see nothing wrong with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.