Search

Voting Ended / Motion Passed: creation of Copa | ConnectMiles forum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Off-topic to Copa:

Up until now the unofficial policy has been that the CD waits for the final vote, even if it's been decided several days before then by TB members voting that the motion will pass/forum be created.

I think this new motion (see below) being voted on is to help address that, so that if it's got the requisite 6 votes it doesn't matter if a TB member (any TB member) drags it out to the 14th day.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...uidelines.html

Cheers.
It's a good and reasonable amendment.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
It's a good and reasonable amendment.
Agree. And while it's unfortunate the Copa forum had to wait to be created until the 14th day, at least this would sort out that problem.

Looking forward to checking out the Copa forum!

Cheers.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Not sure who you're referencing. If me, I'm simply recommending that voters understand what they are getting in each candidate, particularly with respect to how that candidate views the voting responsibility.

And I won't stop promoting transparency. Yes, I think everything done by TB ought to be public. I've said that in the public forum and the private forum (which I'd like to see disbanded).
I agree. I cannot see who benefits from secrecy with respect to TalkBoard activities. It should ALL be public, including the debates in their entirety.

Bruce
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I agree. I cannot see who benefits from secrecy with respect to TalkBoard activities. It should ALL be public, including the debates in their entirety.

Bruce
I think a few of us have felt that way for a long time.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
One effect of this could be that more TB business is done by PM rather than by posting in the TB forum where all current and future TB members can read it.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:09 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Why? What is to be gained by doing business by PM vs. doing it in the public eye?

I've always wondered too what was to be gained by having a private TB forum as well, with the only exceptions being that I'm okay with the voting results being private until the vote is completed, and if there is any reason to unseat a TB member. But a private TB discussion forum outside of public view about improving the board has never made sense to me.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lo2e
Why? What is to be gained by doing business by PM vs. doing it in the public eye?

I've always wondered too what was to be gained by having a private TB forum as well, with the only exceptions being that I'm okay with the voting results being private until the vote is completed, and if there is any reason to unseat a TB member. But a private TB discussion forum outside of public view about improving the board has never made sense to me.
I'm not saying that there's any advantage, but rather predicting that this could happen.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
So what? It can happen today. We cannot stop people from having private discussions, but we can try to shed as much light as possible on what we can see.

Bruce
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:00 am

Seriously? This again? There are no secret handshakes in the private TB forum. It does, however, give the TB a venue to discuss things/sort out some reasoning, etc, and serves a purpose. Enough w/ the black helicopters. How 'bout focusing on the Copa forum - ie, the subject of this thread? Geesh.

Cheers.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Seriously? This again? There are no secret handshakes in the private TB forum. It does, however, give the TB a venue to discuss things/sort out some reasoning, etc, and serves a purpose. Enough w/ the black helicopters. How 'bout focusing on the Copa forum - ie, the subject of this thread? Geesh.

Cheers.
I can confirm there are no secret handshakes.

I'm torn. I would like there to be a place where TB members can discuss things amongst themselves without public input, but no reason FTers shouldn't see that conversation.

I know! Read only access!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:19 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The only reason for me not wanting for the private forum to be public is that I have used the real first names of some of the members of TalkBoard in there — some of whom would probably prefer to remain anonymous.

Other than that, I have nothing to hide...

...but this topic is really for a different discussion, in my opinion.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Canarsie
The only reason for me not wanting for the private forum to be public is that I have used the real first names of some of the members of TalkBoard in there — some of whom would probably prefer to remain anonymous.

Other than that, I have nothing to hide...

...but this topic is really for a different discussion, in my opinion.
In the private forum?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:22 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

In the private forum?
Would that not be the ultimate conundrum?!?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:44 am

I'm torn. I would like there to be a place where TB members can discuss things amongst themselves without public input, but no reason FTers shouldn't see that conversation.
Of course there will be public input. If read only access to the private forum, FTers will just post or start threads in the public forum re: items they're reading in the private forum - conundrum indeed

We both (well all TB members) know there aren't any secret handshakes, black helicopters or any card games being played in TB. Most of the time it can be pretty boring, although it does have its moments when hot topics are being discussed.

Anyway, back to Copa. Just read a few threads that are of interest.

Cheers.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:40 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Our Community Director has stated unequivocally that the private TalkBoard forum will continue to exist regardless of what we say here.

For what it's worth, I agree. I don't normally post anything in private that I wouldn't post in public, but there are such things as private topics and private arguments. It's useful to have a tool for those discussions that that automatically includes all TalkBoard members and that is viewable by future TalkBoards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.