Wiki Posts
Search

Voting Ended / Motion Passed: creation of Copa | ConnectMiles forum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by intuition
I wasn't aware of the 48 hour timelag rule, now I know. I think it is a little too short time to allow for serious input, but it is good it exists.
I agree but until this past January there was no timelag at all and some TB motions were made, posted publicly and received enough votes to ensure they were adopted all within 24 hours. Two days is better than none so appreciated TB be willing to compromise on a small timelag.

That is of course beside the point and will look forward to this forum opening as Central America is one area I haven't visited that I really want to explore.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connect-miles-750/ - needs to be closed
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php shows under omni, but its not actually in omni parent

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connect-miles-751/ - in the right place
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...-programs-374/
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
I am not sure why Copa|Connect Miles is placed in Support&Services Section, right under Technical Support and Feedback Forum when viewing without log-in.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I see it listed as its own major parent section, right after OMNI parent and the three OMNI fora. I am logged in.

For me, it's *also* listed exactly where it should be, alphabetically in the list of airlines and airline programs.

ADDED: The Copa forum that's included in the airline list has 91 threads and a lot of messages, but the one at the end after OMNI has no threads at the moment.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I see it listed as its own major parent section, right after OMNI parent and the three OMNI fora. I am logged in.
Now deleted. The software hiccuped when I first created it and I literally could not find it.

For me, it's *also* listed exactly where it should be, alphabetically in the list of airlines and airline programs.
My second effort was successful.

Thanks for the help in finding the runaway forum.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Now deleted. The software hiccuped when I first created it and I literally could not find it.

My second effort was successful.

Thanks for the help in finding the runaway forum.
And Thanks to all at FT, especially The Talkboard Members for working so quickly to establish the Copa I Connect Miles Forum..
Safe Travels to all..
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:30 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Motion Passed

Originally Posted by Motion
Moved by kokonutz and seconded by CMK10:

TalkBoard recommends a motion for the creation of Copa ConnectMiles forum.

On Nov 2, 2015 TalkBoard succeeded to pass 8-0-1:
"Creation of Copa | ConnectMiles forum"

Voting Yes: bdschobel, Canarsie, CMK10, dchristiva, jason8612, kokonutz, nsx, rwoman
Abstaining: MSPeconomist
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The new Copa | Connect Miles forum is properly under the Airlines and Mileage Programs heading, here: Copa | Connect Miles.

There was a technical glitch earlier; it has been remedied.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Have to say it's a little disappointing to see an abstention in the TB balloting on this matter.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
hiccuped when I first created it and I literally could not find it.
yeah, it was pretty odd

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php shows under omni, but its not actually in omni parent
(with omni parent being http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-366/)
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jason8612
Moved by kokonutz and seconded by CMK10:

TalkBoard recommends a motion for the creation of Copa ConnectMiles forum.

This vote will close on Nov 2, 2015 , at 11:00AM* CDT or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

*will revise exact time once site-wide announcement is made
The actual motion that was made by kokonutz and seconded by CMK10 was the following:

"I move that the TB recommend that a Copa ConnectMiles forum be created."

However, the actual vote was for the following question:

"Should the TB allow the creation of Copa | ConnectMiles forum?"

These are different. TB does not have the power to allow (or disallow) fora. We can only make recommendations to the CD. In fact, whenever a member of FT suggests that a forum be created, the response is usually to stress that TB can only make recommendations, not cause fora to be created or destroyed (i.e., closed).

I pointed this out in a post in the voting thread for this "action" within a half hour of the vote being posted, but it was never corrected.

Hence, I felt that I had no choice but to vote to abstain on a vote for some different action than what was moved and seconded.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:02 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

Hence, I felt that I had no choice but to vote to abstain on a vote for some different action than what was moved and seconded.
^
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The actual motion that was made by kokonutz and seconded by CMK10 was the following:

"I move that the TB recommend that a Copa ConnectMiles forum be created."

However, the actual vote was for the following question:

"Should the TB allow the creation of Copa | ConnectMiles forum?"

These are different. TB does not have the power to allow (or disallow) fora. We can only make recommendations to the CD. In fact, whenever a member of FT suggests that a forum be created, the response is usually to stress that TB can only make recommendations, not cause fora to be created or destroyed (i.e., closed).

I pointed this out in a post in the voting thread for this "action" within a half hour of the vote being posted, but it was never corrected.

What a lame excuse & a disservice to FT. First, if you disagreed w/ the phrasing then the correct response would have been to vote no - not abstain. It was a forum that had 100% support behind it, both in the discussion & voting thread so even a no vote didn't make sense. TB members, FTers, and the CommunityDirector knew exactly what was meant by the motion and/or actual phrasing, regardless of your attempt to parse/employ sophistry in your rationale. And what's particularly insulting to FTers, TB members & the CommunityDirector is waiting until the 14th day to abstain when you felt that way from the beginning. So to you on this one.

Cheers.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd also like to point out that MSP made no effort to email the people who proposed and seconded the motion, or to the best of my knowledge to contact the TB President or VP, or communicate that this was her reason for holding up the vote. I share in your disappointment and apologize that people had to wait to use the new forum for the most trivil and pedantic of reasons.

Last edited by CMK10; Nov 3, 2015 at 10:49 am Reason: Clarifications
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:07 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It sounds as if this would have been an ideal time to use this procedure:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/town-...t-process.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.