Create a Frequent Parker Program section

Old Aug 11, 2012, 1:38 pm
Company Representative - SmartPark JFK
Original Poster

Programs: SmartPark JFK "Confirm To Earn" Frequent Parker Program
Create a Frequent Parker Program section

Hi,

This is Oz from SmartPark JFK.
I see you have sections for rewards programs but none for parking?

Oz
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since new sections are voted and decided on by the FT Talkboard, I have moved this thread there. Please note that a new section will only be voted on if you ask for it in a certain format. More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...onsidered.html

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod

ps: Welcome to FT!^
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: Skyteam
What is a parker? Like frequent parking?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:32 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
An interesting proposal. I have to admit that when I do travel, I do make sure to get points for parking. And I do know that at least in the DFW area, there are a few different FPP (Frequent Parking Programs) available.

The real question though is if people will really discuss much about these programs. I did a quick search (using "Frequent Parking") within MilesBuzz! and only found 7 threads over the last 13 years. Now that doesn't mean that if there were a forum for this topic that traffic would pick-up nor does it mean that there aren't other threads within that forum (or other forums as well).

I would guess the TB is going to want to see either an existing demand (i.e. threads/posts) or a good argument around the "build it and they will come" idea.

But I do like the thought and think that it has some merrit at least.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
There are 3-4 threads in TravelBuzz using your search criteria.

I don't see enough demand for a dedicated forum, but perhaps a sticky somewhere?

Cheers.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since new sections are voted and decided on by the FT Talkboard, I have moved this thread there. Please note that a new section will only be voted on if you ask for it in a certain format. More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...onsidered.html

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod

ps: Welcome to FT!^
Thank you.

Originally Posted by skchin
What is a parker? Like frequent parking?
Yes. Frequent Off site, full service, delivery to and from your airline terminal JFK Airport parking specifically.

Originally Posted by hhoope01
An interesting proposal. I have to admit that when I do travel, I do make sure to get points for parking. And I do know that at least in the DFW area, there are a few different FPP (Frequent Parking Programs) available.

The real question though is if people will really discuss much about these programs. I did a quick search (using "Frequent Parking") within MilesBuzz! and only found 7 threads over the last 13 years. Now that doesn't mean that if there were a forum for this topic that traffic would pick-up nor does it mean that there aren't other threads within that forum (or other forums as well).

I would guess the TB is going to want to see either an existing demand (i.e. threads/posts) or a good argument around the "build it and they will come" idea.

But I do like the thought and think that it has some merrit at least.
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There are 3-4 threads in TravelBuzz using your search criteria.

I don't see enough demand for a dedicated forum, but perhaps a sticky somewhere?

Cheers.

While I understand that there may not be a great buzz or demand for it right now. That is exactly why I feel it should have its own forum.

The SmartPark JFK "Confirm To Earn" Frequent Parker Loyalty Program is the only program that:

1. Automatically starts accumulating points for parkers with any effort on their part. Simply redeem your reservation and its 1pt for every paid day. Every 7 points = 1 free added to your account automatically.

2. No need to sign up or register. As of September 21, 2011. When you place a reservation at http://www.smartparkjfk.com your placement of the reservation starts the accumulation process. You simply look at the top of your reservation confirmation email and you will see a temporary password. It is built into the edit/cancel/print part of the reservation system.

Other programs require you to sign up in order to receive free days. Then you have to carry a card or key fob or print out. Your free days are automatically added AND YOU control how and when to use them. YOU apply and save them to your future reservation(s).

I hope this answers any/all questions. If not, feel free to contact me any time.

Oz
SmartPark JFK
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
There is a number of parking services throughout the US that offer frequent parker benefits, as I have found out. As to whether there is a mass of interest sufficient to start a dedicated Forum, the guidelines used here to determine volume and interest are contained in the "sticky" thread at the header of the Forum here: What is the TalkBoard and How are New Forums and Other Suggestions Considered?. In particular:

Code:
What is the TalkBoard and How are New Forums and 
Other Suggestions Considered?

The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful
to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move
forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics,
the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition
to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

1. Will the forum be (or is it now) beneficial to FlyerTalk?

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does 
the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly
placed in the company

3. Is FT the best place to discuss this subject?

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide
 dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need
adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is
more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the 
classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and 
maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the 
discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve 
the signal to noise ratio? Why?

Passed June 28, 2010:
Motion Passed: TalkBoard Statement on Criteria for Forum Changes
JDiver, Senior Moderator / Moderator Talk Board Topics
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
At a quick glance it appears that the OP wants a place where they can plug their commercial venture or their employer's commercial venture.

I'd think this would be a great example of the type of thread that could go into a Commercial, For-Profit forum.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper
At a quick glance it appears that the OP wants a place where they can plug their commercial venture or their employer's commercial venture.

I'd think this would be a great example of the type of thread that could go into a Commercial, For-Profit forum.

While I certainly see what you mean and understand your post. I have more than just a business interest in SmartPark JFK.

I ACTUALLY want to HELP REDUCE travelers costs when traveling. SmartPark JFK is a vehicle(no pun intended) for that.

I have complete control and anything I do for anyone on FlyerTalk is at my own discretion.

I can give away one free day.
I can give away two free days.
(I have already done this for two members on flyertalk)

I can give away many free days.

Quite frankly, I can comp the entire stay at SmartPark JFK. So, you see, its a little more "personal" than just "business" for me

I just feel I can be a valuable addition to FT.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I'd assume the vast majority of us have a single airport or city where we use airport parking (our hometown). If so, Parking threads probably fit better in the destination forums than gathered together into a central place.

Parking programs seem to usually be pretty simple, with way fewer quirks, restrictions, bonuses, promotions, and partnerships compared to airlines or hotels. That doesn't make them less useful, but it means there's less to discuss.

OP, I would suggest contacting FT to change your status to "official company rep" and then offering to help people with concierge & help desk issues (hey, why didn't my points post?).
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator note

This has been suggested to Admin.

JDiver, Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SmartParkJFK
While I certainly see what you mean and understand your post. I have more than just a business interest in SmartPark JFK.

I ACTUALLY want to HELP REDUCE travelers costs when traveling. SmartPark JFK is a vehicle(no pun intended) for that.

I just feel I can be a valuable addition to FT.
Originally Posted by swag
OP, I would suggest contacting FT to change your status to "official company rep" and then offering to help people with concierge & help desk issues (hey, why didn't my points post?).
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:04 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I'd assume the vast majority of us have a single airport or city where we use airport parking (our hometown). If so, Parking threads probably fit better in the destination forums than gathered together into a central place.

Parking programs seem to usually be pretty simple, with way fewer quirks, restrictions, bonuses, promotions, and partnerships compared to airlines or hotels. That doesn't make them less useful, but it means there's less to discuss.
Agreed with swag. Two questions for the OP:
1) Are you aware of any other frequent parking programs at JFK?
2) Are the things about your program applicable to parking at any other airport? In other words, is there a SmartPark in other places with the same terms?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:28 am
Original Poster

In my experience, other facilities have:

- DENIED the customer their free days at checkout because they actually do not keep tracking of them automatically as they claim to do(pretty much saying they do because we say we do and in fact... DO!

- DENIED the customer free day(s) at checkout because they didnt have printout, FPP card, key fob, etc.

- Fine print that lets their free days/points/rewards expire. Our points do not expire. While it is possible that they may in the future. Currently I am fighting for NOT EXPIRING EVER!

So, there is much to talk about when it comes to Frequent Parker Programs. IMO.

Originally Posted by lo2e
Agreed with swag. Two questions for the OP:
1) Are you aware of any other frequent parking programs at JFK?
2) Are the things about your program applicable to parking at any other airport? In other words, is there a SmartPark in other places with the same terms?

Answer 1: Yes, I am. I would rather not refer to competitors though. I do know how their programs work and they are shady in some cases. I can PM you with the info I have on the other programs

Answer 2: Currenly only JFK. But there are plans in the works for other location(s).

Last edited by SmartParkJFK; Aug 17, 2012 at 9:49 am
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:15 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Answer 1: Yes, I am. I would rather not refer to competitors though. I do know how their programs work and they are shady in some cases. I can PM you with the info I have on the other programs
That's okay, I just wanted to get a scope of what the "market" was for parking programs at JFK.

Answer 2: Currenly only JFK. But there are plans in the works for other location(s).
Then I would agree with what others posted upthread, that currently discussing your program in the NYC forum is the best place right now and I wouldn't encourage the TB to vote for a frequent parking forum. There's already a handy directory that is sticky at the top of the NYC forum, with links to great information about all of the NYC airports (including parking), so I think having them go to another forum to find information on your program doesn't make much sense.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by lo2e
Then I would agree with what others posted upthread, that currently discussing your program in the NYC forum is the best place right now and I wouldn't encourage the TB to vote for a frequent parking forum.
I agree.

Not to mention there's already an existing thread on SmartPark in our NYC Forum. I see no need to promote its services nor program details in TB Topics Forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.