Wiki Posts
Search

New forum proposal for South African Airways | Voyager

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by B747-437B
No it won't. Because most regular consumers don't realise that Kulula.com is actually Comair, let alone that Comair is a franchisee of BA. You are actually making my point - Kulula is an entirely independent brand of the same parent company. By the same logic, you should insist that Aer Lingus and Iberia discussions should be in the British Airways forum, or that Air Berlin belongs in the Etihad forum.

Talk to any average South African consumer and tell them that Kulula.com is the same as British Airways. They will look at you as if you had 3 heads.

Why the obsession with directing Kulula.com (which is a Comair owned LCC completely unaffiliated with BA) related traffic to the British Airways forum? I completely agree that the Comair BA-branded traffic belongs there, but why the Comair Kulula-branded traffic also - it has nothing to do with BA Executive Club (and any questions that do relate to BAEC or BA related operations should of course be posted there anyway).
You seem to be misunderstanding what has been proposed; please read what Stewie Mac has posted directly above, and upthread if necessary. Nobody has proposed, as far as I've read, that Kulula traffic be redirected to BAEC.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
You seem to be misunderstanding what has been proposed; please read what Stewie Mac has posted directly above, and upthread if necessary. Nobody has proposed, as far as I've read, that Kulula traffic be redirected to BAEC.
You are correct. Nobody has proposed that. However, the Community Director has decided that anyway (as is her prerogative).

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've made the decision that discussions about Comair will remain in the forum where they have historically occurred. That's the British Airways forum.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:48 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
My understanding is that "BA (operated by Comair)" queries will remain in the BA forum, while all Kulula queries (also operated by Comair, but as you mentioned who really knows that, outside of here) will be directed to the new forum.
Or remain in the Other African Airline forum. I've said nothing about Kulula queries moving to the BA forum and have no plans for them to do so. This sideways diversion has been much to do about nothing.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:24 pm

Or remain in the Other African Airline forum.
Why there and not the proposed South Africa-based Airlines forum?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 12:36 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's up to Talkboard. The point I was making was that I wasn't sending it off to the BA forum as you presumed.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 3:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There isn't such a proposal put forth as a motion, nor as the title of this thread.

The current motion before the TalkBoard is:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ager-incl.html.

Comments, support, discussion regarding this proposal may best be directed to that thread.

Moved by CMK10 and seconded by bdschobel:

TalkBoard recommends a motion for the creation of South African Airways | Voyager, including Mango, South African Airlink and South African Express forum.

This vote will close on Nov 8, 2015 , at 1:00PM* CDT or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
I vote yes and highly support it.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I've said nothing about Kulula queries moving to the BA forum and have no plans for them to do so.
I hope it's not simply my skewed perspective, but it seems to me that the new description for the BA board of "plus Comair and SUN-AIR of Scandinavia franchise partners" makes it clear that that's the correct home for discussions about Comair as a BA franchisee, and it doesn't give the impression that Kulula discussions should go there. So there seems to me to be no problem there.

However, if a new forum is created and it will only relate to SA and subsidiaries, so that Kulula discussions should continue to go into "Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines", then I wonder whether one (or both) of two things might help to kill this issue once and for all:-
  • [*]
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I hope it's not simply my skewed perspective, but it seems to me that the new description for the BA board of "plus Comair and SUN-AIR of Scandinavia franchise partners" makes it clear that that's the correct home for discussions about Comair as a BA franchisee, and it doesn't give the impression that Kulula discussions should go there. So there seems to me to be no problem there.

However, if a new forum is created and it will only relate to SA and subsidiaries, so that Kulula discussions should continue to go into "Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines", then I wonder whether one (or both) of two things might help to kill this issue once and for all:-
  • [*]
I would actually agree with this assessment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.