Reload this Page >

Proposal to amalgamate the "Budget" and "Other" geographical airline fora

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal to amalgamate the "Budget" and "Other" geographical airline fora

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 8:45 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Prefer they go back into other/regional airline groupings...
+1

That also makes it easier for new folks to know where to look for information.
Old May 17, 2015, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
I also agree merging and renaming is my preference. The traffic for the "Budget" topics is also low enough that it wouldn't swamp a merged forum and affect current "Other" forum users adversely.
Old May 17, 2015, 9:14 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I agree with the thrust of this proposal. Geographical identity trumps other considerations for the Antarctica forum. For airline forums, not so much. I apologize for what in retrospect looks like a bad idea.

Possibly related to this proposal, rumors have appeared about a merger of Spirit and Frontier, which would finally give Spirit its own forum by the back door. We might want to consider what would happen to traffic with Spirit removed from the Budget umbrella.
Old May 18, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kokonutz

In fact, the entire TB has been quiet when FTers have asked them recently to post their thoughts in the appropriate thread re: shutting down forums.

There's no reason to single these particular forums out when ignoring the legitimate questions that have been raised re: other forums. If there was a reason to shut down these forums it should have first been raised in the other thread.
koko, I find it inappropriate (and a violation of TOS) that you would post something I posted in another thread that was really directed towards you & then cut/paste it into a thread in a post directed towards tcook052 & not say that it was a post directed towards you in a sep thread (or provide a link to the post I made) showing its initial use, but made it sound as though something you were saying yourself for the first time in response to the OP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24812068-post26.html

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

In fact, the entire TB has been quiet when FTers have asked them recently to post their thoughts in the appropriate thread re: shutting down forums.
I'm not sure what "appropriate thread" (singular) you mean, but glancing at the first page of the TBT forum and skimming thread titles, I see the following, addressing only my own participation in such discussions:

Proposal to amalgamate the "Budget" and "Other"....(started May 10, 2015): I posted once on May 10 and twice on May 15.

Voting Underway: Return Budget Airlines...." (started today): I posted here, although about the motion itself rather than about the issue of shutting down fora.

Travel News: This Time....(started May 12): I posted twice here already.

Close the Information Desk Forum (started December 1, 2014): I posted three times here.

merge forum requests? (about LAN and TAM): I posted here.

Continuing onto the second page of forum title listings for this forum, I only see one more potentially relevant thread, and this takes us back to threads where the most recent posts were at the end of October 2014:

Close the recently created Premium Deals Forum: I posted twice here.

Forum activity statistics: I've posted three times here in 2015, but also earlier, in 2012 and 2013.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:27 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure what "appropriate thread" (singular) you mean, but glancing at the first page of the TBT forum and skimming thread titles, I see the following, addressing only my own participation in such discussions:

Proposal to amalgamate the "Budget" and "Other"....(started May 10, 2015): I posted once on May 10 and twice on May 15.

Voting Underway: Return Budget Airlines...." (started today): I posted here, although about the motion itself rather than about the issue of shutting down fora.

Travel News: This Time....(started May 12): I posted twice here already.

Close the Information Desk Forum (started December 1, 2014): I posted three times here.

merge forum requests? (about LAN and TAM): I posted here.

Continuing onto the second page of forum title listings for this forum, I only see one more potentially relevant thread, and this takes us back to threads where the most recent posts were at the end of October 2014:

Close the recently created Premium Deals Forum: I posted twice here.

Forum activity statistics: I've posted three times here in 2015, but also earlier, in 2012 and 2013.
It was satire: Applying the logic I learned in the Travel News thread to this thread (two very different standards/arguments are being applied by some posters). @:-)

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
koko, I find it inappropriate (and a violation of TOS) that you would post something I posted in another thread that was really directed towards you & then cut/paste it into a thread in a post directed towards tcook052 & not say that it was a post directed towards you in a sep thread (or provide a link to the post I made) showing its initial use, but made it sound as though something you were saying yourself for the first time in response to the OP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24812068-post26.html

Cheers.
The correct way to react to potential TOS violations is to click the little red triangle with an exclamation point in it to the left of the potentially offending post. @:-)

Old May 18, 2015, 10:03 am

The correct way to react to potential TOS violations is to click the little red triangle with an exclamation point in it to the left of the potentially offending post. @:-)
Thanks for the apology in posting something that was directed towards you in a separate thread as though you wrote it to the OP of a different thread. Quite disappointing really.

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:05 pm

Thanks for the apology in posting something that was directed towards you in a separate thread as though you wrote it to the OP of a different thread. Quite disappointing really.

Cheers.
Jokes aren't funny if one has to explain them, alas.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:07 pm

Jokes aren't funny if one has to explain them, alas.
Well you can do so when you're buying me a pint the next time I'm in your town
Old May 18, 2015, 1:41 pm

Well you can do so when you're buying me a pint the next time I'm in your town
Deal! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.