Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Farewell, Thanks & I'll Still Be Around...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Farewell, Thanks & I'll Still Be Around...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Thankyou ^
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Sharon
Thank you for the hard work you have put in. We all know how great the pay is !

has been my pleasure to meet you and work with you on the Charity Rafflee tickets.

Hope to see you at a meet up in Chicago.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 1:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by tom911
Fortunately for the membership, you were not one of the invisible Talk Board members. I'd go as far as saying that you have probably been the most visible Talk Board member in terms if interfacing with the members on the Talk Board forum, whether we agreed or disagreed with you, and your public posting about research you have done on various topics before the Talk Board showed how serious you were about the position - that clearly takes time. With some other Talk Board members not participating here, good luck trying to sort out where they might stand on any issue until the voting results are in - they've done all they're required to do. You carried the weight of others that don't participate here when you could have just as easily stayed on the sidelines yourself and used your time for other pursuits. That needs to be recognized.

Thank you for your service and very visible participation on the threads in the Talk Board forum. I, for one, enjoy interfacing with Talk Board members on the Talk Board forum. You set an example that other members should follow.

Tom911
said what I was going to but he did it much more eloquently. so I'll just say "ditto" and thank you!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Smile

Sharon, Kudos for all your hard work on here, sad that your term had to come to an end ! You did a great job !^
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Thank you for all that you've done. Your passion for FlyerTalk - but more important to me, for FlyerTalkers - was noticed and appreciated! May you enjoy your TB alumna status as much as I have!!!
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:09 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
dittox2

Originally Posted by ldsant

Tom911
said what I was going to but he did it much more eloquently. so I'll just say "ditto" and thank you!

Thanks so much for your passion and your hard work. Difficult combination to find in one person.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Thanks for your service Sharon .. and having done a few years on TB, as all others will concur, takes a lot of time, and oddly not everyone agrees with any single POV.

Not sure who the new Prez is - I am sure we shall be advised in due course. @:-)

They have big shoes to fill.

Glen
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Thanks for your service Sharon .. and having done a few years on TB, as all others will concur, takes a lot of time, and oddly not everyone agrees with any single POV.

Not sure who the new Prez is - I am sure we shall be advised in due course. @:-)

They have big shoes to fill.

Glen
That would be bdschobel. I'm confident he's as up to the job of filling Sharon's shoes as anyone.

Last edited by CMK10; Dec 10, 2014 at 9:27 pm Reason: Said something I shouldn't have
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Yes wondered why any announcement had not been made.

Congrats to Bruce.

An Actuary as TB Prez .. he'll audit all our posts now!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle

Bruce
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Congrats to the incoming TB President and thanks to Sharon for her work. ^
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I see the bdschobel handle is sporting the new zippy title. Congratulations, Bruce!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Thank you!

Bruce
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Yes wondered why any announcement had not been made.
Officer announcements are made when both the Prez & VP have been elected. VP election might still be underway. And yes I've got total faith that Bruce will do a good job as Prez.

Cheers.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The VP election has begun. It's quite possible that we can announce the 2014-15 officers in the December 16 TalkMail. Not promising, but hoping!

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.