FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   Is there a historical list of Talkboard members? (and discussion of History thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/1630669-there-historical-list-talkboard-members-discussion-history-thread.html)

chexfan Nov 21, 2014 11:00 pm

Is there a historical list of Talkboard members? (and discussion of History thread)

Of year-by-year TalkBoard members (& positions)?

#AskingForAFriend

MSPeconomist Nov 22, 2014 9:30 am

You can construct partial lists of who the TB candidates were in recent years by looking in the TB election debate archives.

There's usually a post by the CD, or earlier by Randy Petersen, announcing the results of the vote, but finding these requires some searching.

SanDiego1K Nov 22, 2014 9:55 am

We need a FlyerTalk historian.

Kiwi Flyer Nov 22, 2014 11:57 am

Originally Posted by chexfan (Post 23879888)
Of year-by-year TalkBoard members (& positions)?

#AskingForAFriend

I'm happy to create a summary. There will be a short delay as I'm about to board a flight.

Originally Posted by Moderator
Moderator note 23 Nov: created within hors of this post, the thread A brief history of the Flyer Talk TalkBoard can be read and consulted now.

underpressure Nov 22, 2014 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 23881258)
We need a FlyerTalk historian.

Since Dovster went to school with Moses, I would nominate him.

SkiAdcock Nov 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by chexfan (Post 23879888)

#AskingForAFriend

#WhyDoesFriendWantNeedtoKnowandWhyDoesn'tAskHimHer Self?

:confused:

SkiAdcock Nov 22, 2014 6:23 pm

With all due respect & humility, one person asking for TB member got you to try & do a history? And most of your links go back to the same page. I don't get it.

Cheers.

techgirl Nov 22, 2014 6:52 pm

I think this is a great idea. It's a lot of effort to weed backwards through the history and I applaud the effort to try to create a historical wiki.

Kiwi Flyer Nov 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 23883050)
With all due respect & humility, one person asking for TB member got you to try & do a history? And most of your links go back to the same page. I don't get it.

Cheers.

I'm personally curious to learn more about the history of TalkBoard, and thought it useful to have this info in one place.

Obviously it is currently a work in progress.

SkiAdcock Nov 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by techgirl (Post 23883142)
I think this is a great idea. It's a lot of effort to weed backwards through the history and I applaud the effort to try to create a historical wiki.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 23883190)
I'm personally curious to learn more about the history of TalkBoard, and thought it useful to have this info in one place.

Obviously it is currently a work in progress.

I agree with you both. However, some of the information is already there in the TB voting archives.

But I think the majority of FTers could give two patooties. And while I applaud KF (and I do), I don't think he should spend his time on something like this but IB instead (of course since it's not related to ad clicks that will be in the never category).

Cheers.

tcook052 Nov 22, 2014 7:41 pm

This is a good idea and also applaud OP's effort, though cannot fathom the friction of this non-fiction thread.

Canarsie Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 23883293)
This is a good idea and also applaud OP's effort, though cannot fathom the friction of this non-fiction thread.

I have worked with Kiwi Flyer in a number of capacities over the years; and when he sets his mind to tackle a project, he does so with aplomb.

This is yet another commendable effort on his part.

SkiAdcock Nov 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 23883293)
though cannot fathom the friction of this non-fiction thread.

That's weird. I don't see any friction.

Cheers.

Kiwi Flyer Nov 23, 2014 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 23881786)
I'm happy to create a summary. There will be a short delay as I'm about to board a flight.

A brief history of Flyer Talk Talkboard is in progress (currently updated for 2001 to 2007).

SanDiego1K Nov 23, 2014 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 23883996)
A brief history of Flyer Talk Talkboard is in progress (currently updated for 2001 to 2007).

Very impressive work.