Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Is there a historical list of Talkboard members? (and discussion of History thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a historical list of Talkboard members? (and discussion of History thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'm personally curious to learn more about the history of TalkBoard, and thought it useful to have this info in one place.

Obviously it is currently a work in progress.
/Mod hat off; FT member baseball cap on

:-:Thanks for the laudable effort, Kiwi Flyer.:-: A number of us might be interested, though not sufficiently to do the drudge work to find the information. Your indices to the proper information and threads have made that much easier, and the history is now more readily available to FlyerTalk members.

/Mod hat on

We've moved comment and discussion posts from the History thread to this thread to maintain the purpose and integrity of that thread, as well a s to ma I train the continuity of this one (some comments were here, others there; now they can all be found here.)

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 23, 2014 at 8:33 am
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have worked with Kiwi Flyer in a number of capacities over the years; and when he sets his mind to tackle a project, he does so with aplomb.

This is yet another commendable effort on his part.
Let's hope all the kudos don't get his plomb out of alignment.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Awesome work.

Someone just wanted to see their name in past glory and would like to recommend something like this Wiki entry.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:58 am
Community Director Emerita

That is an exceptional job, Kiwi Flyer. I had visions of the board as it was on Jan 1 of each year, but you have done so much more. You've dug into the archives and figured out who came when and left when. It's fun to browse thru the lists and see the richness of FlyerTalk's history in the names of those who served.

And I am reminded that our OP did his tour of duty as vice president.

March 2002 to September 2003 - chexfan
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just looked at the other thread. Wow - WELL DONE KIWI FLYER!^:-:

Cheers.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
A brief history of Flyer Talk Talkboard is in progress (currently updated for 2001 to 2007).
Now up to date - at least until the results are announced for the recent election for TalkBoard members, and the upcoming election for President and Vice-President.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:27 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Now up to date - at least until the results are announced for the recent election for TalkBoard members, and the upcoming election for President and Vice-President.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have worked with Kiwi Flyer in a number of capacities over the years; and when he sets his mind to tackle a project, he does so with aplomb.

This is yet another commendable effort on his part.
...and there you have it: another outstanding contribution to FlyerTalk by the one and only Kiwi Flyer, to whom I say: thank you.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:27 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by chexfan
Awesome work.

Someone just wanted to see their name in past glory and would like to recommend something like this Wiki entry.
I generally stay away from the OMNI/PR forum and certainly don't want to presume any party affiliations or voting blocs

I didn't use exact dates, only month and year. This is because it is generally not clear (on publicly available information) the exact dates offices took effect from or ended.

I've referenced most of the information used in case I have mis-interpreted anything.

I'm happy to consider suggestions for improvements.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:32 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Redux on the wikid awesome work! ^^^
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Amazing!

Well done!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:41 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
OMG Kiwi Flyer that was a lot of work! With that much time and interest in TalkBoard, you really need to run for TalkBoard next year!!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
An absolutely outstanding creation, thank you for taking the time to make this. I think it will help with the transparency issues that have come up the last few weeks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.