Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

How about a new forum with all News, Breaking Stories, & Or Accidents?

How about a new forum with all News, Breaking Stories, & Or Accidents?

 
Old Jul 6, 14, 11:46 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,381
How about a new forum with all News, Breaking Stories, & Or Accidents?

You come to Flyertalk and see there is a story with an accident of some sort with an airline. IE. the Asiana crash, the missing Malaysian flight, and also the stories lately of the near misses of airplanes coming too close to each other.
Earthlings is offline  
Old Jul 6, 14, 12:08 pm
  #2  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Posts: 66,239
There is a forum for Travel News:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-news-178/

If you're referring to specific accidents or near misses, those are normally covered in the individual airline forums.

Cheers.
SkiAdcock is offline  
Old Jul 6, 14, 3:33 pm
  #3  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 61,507
VERY lengthy threads on the Asiana and Malaysia incidents in the existing airline fora; other incidents are always listed in the forum of the airline involved.
JDiver is offline  
Old Jul 6, 14, 9:49 pm
  #4  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Platinum & MM; AA dirt; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold; & some other useless titles
Posts: 4,437
The traditional go-to site for this data is www.avherald.com. Highly respected by people in the aviation business.
Craig6z is offline  
Old Jul 14, 14, 9:02 am
  #5  
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States
Posts: 24,540
Top stories are usually posted on the home “page” of FlyerTalk under the middle column whose title is Must Read — which may be easy to miss if you regularly use the MyFlyerTalk feature.
Canarsie is offline  
Old Sep 3, 14, 1:30 pm
  #6  
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth
Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Posts: 48,767
https://www.facebook.com/flyertalkforums is an excellent resource.
kokonutz is offline  
Old Sep 4, 14, 3:49 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Posts: 10,163
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
There is a forum for Travel News:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-news-178/

If you're referring to specific accidents or near misses, those are normally covered in the individual airline forums.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by Earthlings View Post
You come to Flyertalk and see there is a story with an accident of some sort with an airline. IE. the Asiana crash, the missing Malaysian flight, and also the stories lately of the near misses of airplanes coming too close to each other.
Is there something the Travel News forum referenced by SkiAdcock or the individual airline forums do not address?
rwoman is offline  
Old Sep 4, 14, 11:47 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,381
I mean big headlines with major accidents in a forum itself instead of them being scattered all over with less smaller news stories that can be in with those links and boards mentioned above.
Earthlings is offline  
Old Sep 5, 14, 3:14 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LHR
Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
Posts: 10,163
Originally Posted by Earthlings View Post
I mean big headlines with major accidents in a forum itself instead of them being scattered all over with less smaller news stories that can be in with those links and boards mentioned above.
Thankfully, I am not sure there are enough large airline accidents that might warrant its own forum.

Please take a look at the wiki in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...onsidered.html - it discusses what is often looked at when considering creating a new forum/thread.
rwoman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread