FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   Motion passed: Talkboard recommends closing the Event & Travel Planning forum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/1532055-motion-passed-talkboard-recommends-closing-event-travel-planning-forum.html)

bdschobel Dec 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Motion passed: Talkboard recommends closing the Event & Travel Planning forum

Moved by SkiAdcock and seconded by Marathon Man:

"Talkboard recommends closing the Event & Travel Planning forum"

This vote will close on December 31, 2013, at 2:39 pm or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

A motion shall pass if at least two-thirds of the yes or no votes cast by TalkBoard members are ‘yes’ and a majority of the total TalkBoard membership votes 'yes.'

The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

So while there is already a thread and discussion on this general topic and it is safe to assume that TalkBoard members have reviewed that thread, this thread is about this specific motion.

Please feel free to post questions, comments or any other sort of feedback in this thread, or in the other discussion thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ing-forum.html

Note that this suggestion has already moved very quickly, with eight votes in favor of making the change. Therefore, it will pass. Please note that not all TalkBoard members have voted yet, and so a final announcement with who voted yes/no will not be posted until all nine members have voted or the voting period ends.

Bruce

tcook052 Dec 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Support the motion as made. ^

Here's hoping TB is as willing to consider closing stale forums as it has been to create new ones. Just MHO.

kokonutz Dec 18, 2013 9:04 am

I voted for this motion.

I was a big proponent of creating this forum, but it never gained traction.

I think it's important to admit when we are wrong as we clearly were in this case and clean up after ourselves.

goalie Dec 18, 2013 10:29 am

Voted in favor of closing this forum

wharvey Dec 18, 2013 10:30 am

I support the motion!

SkiAdcock Dec 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by bdschobel (Post 21984695)

Note that this suggestion has already moved very quickly, with six votes in favor of making the change. Therefore, it will pass. Please note that not all TalkBoard members have voted yet, and so a final announcement with who voted yes/no will not be posted until all nine members have voted or the voting period ends.

Just wanted to point out that the motion will pass. Normally the posting of the motion thread & then the announcement of the pass/not pass don't occur almost simultaneously, so FTers are used to seeing a separate post announcing pass or fail. Some FTers didn't catch the pass announcement in the OP, so I decided to bump the thread to point it out/make it clear.

Cheers.

bdschobel Dec 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Motion passed: Talkboard recommends closing the Event & Travel Planning forum

On December 31, 2013, Talkboard passed 8-0-0:

"Talkboard recommends closing the Event & Travel Planning forum"

Voting Yes: bdschobel, Cholula, CMK10, goalie, kokonutz, Marathon Man, MSPeconomist, SkiAdcock

Voting No: None

Abstained: None

Did Not Vote: rwoman

tom911 Dec 31, 2013 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by bdschobel (Post 22057806)
Did Not Vote: rwoman

Why is that?

kipper Dec 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 22058765)
Why is that?

I'd like to know that as well, since the person in question was active for many of the days this motion was open.

rwoman Jan 1, 2014 1:06 am

Originally Posted by tom911 (Post 22058765)
Why is that?

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 22058945)
I'd like to know that as well, since the person in question was active for many of the days this motion was open.

tom911, kipper, TB members, and fellow FTers,

It is absolutely inexcusable and was a gross oversight in my part.

I fully recognize it's an insult to all of you who rightly expect me to be engaged and make decisions on behalf of others.

All I can do is apologize and promise to do better going forward.

I've made a mistake and unfortunately cannot change it. I'm duly aware actions speak louder than words and I've failed on this one.

Regards,
Robin