Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Election of Talkboard leaders for 2013-14

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Election of Talkboard leaders for 2013-14

Elections have just concluded for TalkBoard leaders for the 2013-14 year. The nine TalkBoard members voted by secret ballot.

SkiAdcock was elected TalkBoard President by a vote of 7 in favor and 2 opposed (but there were no other candidates for the position).

bdschobel was elected TalkBoard Vice President by a vote of 8 in favor and 1 abstaining.

Both SkiAdcock and bdschobel ran unopposed for their respective positions.

Bruce
Old Dec 6, 2013, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Congratulations to you both for taking the lead on TB.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If both were unopposed, I don't understand the vote.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by PTravel
The rulez iz silent if running unopposed-it just says that an election must be held so we followed the rulez
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
The rulez iz silent if running unopposed-it just says that an election must be held so we followed the rulez
I was wondering about the small minority who voted against -- was that an endorsement of anarchy?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
People who truly support anarchy presumably wouldn't vote at all! Anarchy and organized voting are inconsistent. And true anarchists wouldn't have run for TalkBoard in the first place.

Bruce
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Only one comment from this peanut gallery, which I also made in the Private Forum (while I still had access):

Those who voted against Sharon should have their heads examined.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:35 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Congratulations to SkiAdcock and bdschobel!

May you have a low-stress and productive New Year on the TalkBoard... provided that those two ideals are compatible.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats to both - two of the finest folks on FT!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Congrats to you both, SkiAdcock & bdschobel!

Originally Posted by PTravel
Perhaps some indication of a fun TB Year ahead?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Only one comment from this peanut gallery, which I also made in the Private Forum (while I still had access):

Those who voted against Sharon should have their heads examined.
^^

Although I have no idea who the two of them are, and no one ever will know as it's a secret ballot (and even the FT administrators can't view who voted for what) and I doubt they'll willingly out themselves, a big at the two who voted "no" in an unopposed election.

That said, best wishes to this TalkBoard for a productive year.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by jackal
a big at the two who voted "no" in an unopposed election.
If every Talk Board member who voted for the candidates posted something like this, through process of elimination we'd soon know who did not vote for them. Not sure that's a good idea when it's a secret ballot.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What's the point? Knowing who voted against Sharon would not make the 2013-14 TalkBoard more collegial! Let's just move on.

Bruce
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by tom911
If every Talk Board member who voted for the candidates posted something like this, through process of elimination we'd soon know who did not vote for them. Not sure that's a good idea when it's a secret ballot.
RichMSN and I were not eligible to vote. We had access to the private forum while the vote in question was being conducted, but we were simply observers.

That said, Rich and I would probably both say the same thing if we did not have access to the private forum and simply saw the voting results posted here like anyone else, so neither of us has leaked any information that was posted in confidence (as far as I recall, no one posted anything negative about her at all--the two "no" votes simply appeared one day). I, for one, cannot see any possible reason why anyone could question Sharon's diligence, work ethic, and integrity, and so for two people to vote against her while she was running unopposed is both ludicrous and sad. I hope the TalkBoard is able to overcome this and have a productive year in spite of such a sophomoric move in the very first days of this session.

Last edited by jackal; Dec 9, 2013 at 7:56 pm
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:47 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bdschobel
What's the point? Knowing who voted against Sharon would not make the 2013-14 TalkBoard more collegial! Let's just move on.

Bruce
Agreed ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.