Reload this Page >

Motion Passed: Create a Trusted Traveler forum

Motion Passed: Create a Trusted Traveler forum

Old Oct 26, 13, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by essxjay View Post
These types of discussions have always belonged on the Practical side.
"Always" being the period of time only after the TSS forum was split into two -- some may say three -- parts. Many of those types of discussions may actually still be in the root of the parent TSS forum unless everything has been finally moved over into TSS-PTSI or TSS-CBPD. Does that include those types of discussion from before January 2003?

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 26, 13 at 4:30 pm
Old Oct 26, 13, 10:24 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines

Programs: WN CP & A-list preferred, just another shafted United Club Lifetime Member, Hotwire, Priceline, tent
Originally Posted by stheller View Post
I would like a separate forum for this, as it is hard to find the information in the existing fora.
One motivation for this proposal was that discussion topics other than Trusted Traveler programs was being swamped in the current Practical forum.

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
FAQ-type threads and Wikiposts on the issues can already be done under the current FT forum structure without creating another forum on FT. I'd rather have that done than see this proposal get rubber-stamped like I expect will happen.
This would have already happened if it were going to happen. I'm not sure how we can persuade members to use and maintain per-thread Wikis. If you have some ideas, please go over to MilesBuzz and try to jump start Wiki activity there.

Originally Posted by reft View Post
I Lean "No", except Trusted Traveler is an area of growing interest.
Yes, many airports are deploying PreCheck in November. From what TSA front-liners have told me and from what others have posted on FT, Southwest Airlines expects to be participating by Thanksgiving. That's a lot of new users. The new forum could have a lot of traffic.

I voted yes.
Old Oct 27, 13, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Trusted Traveler Forum will pass...

In accordance with the guidelines that means we'll announce if a motion has passed or failed once enough yes or no votes have been recorded by TB members, this is the public notice that this motion will pass as it has secured 6 yes votes.

Please note that not all TB members have voted yet, and so a final announcement with who voted yes/no will not be posted until all 9 have voted or the voting period ends.
Old Oct 27, 13, 10:16 am

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Rubber-stamp thank-you, whether or not playing post-approved games or not with remaining votes.

Originally Posted by nsx View Post
One motivation for this proposal was that discussion topics other than Trusted Traveler programs was being swamped in the current Practical forum.
What were the other motivations? Was that "one" motivation your only motivation to vote in favor of this proposal?

In some ways, some may say that airline FFP forums are being "swamped" by general airline discussions but the TB doesn't seem intent on stopping that "swamping". The inconsistency in approach is interesting to say the least.

Originally Posted by nsx
This would have already happened if it were going to happen.
Not necessarily.

Originally Posted by nsx
If you have some ideas, please go over to MilesBuzz and try to jump start Wiki activity there.
Why would a wiki about this topic be started in MilesBuzz?

Some people stay away from posting or contributing to wikis for various reasons, not all of which are able to be addressed there or elsewhere on FT.

Originally Posted by nsx
Yes, many airports are deploying PreCheck in November. From what TSA front-liners have told me and from what others have posted on FT, Southwest Airlines expects to be participating by Thanksgiving. That's a lot of new users. The new forum could have a lot of traffic.
And with moderators shoving things into a new forum, self-fulfilling prophesies of this sort should be easily delivered -- not that a new forum and moves are needed when WN PreCheck customers would be able to discuss the topic in much the same manner as was already taking place on FT even absent this new rubber-stamped forum.
Old Oct 27, 13, 10:29 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines

Programs: WN CP & A-list preferred, just another shafted United Club Lifetime Member, Hotwire, Priceline, tent
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
What were the other motivations? Was that "one" motivation your only motivation to vote in favor of this proposal?
The other main reason was the growing membership of these programs, meaning that the trend was toward a bigger problem.

And let's face it, Trusted Traveler program issues are not closely related to other practical travel issues. There's enough traffic of both types for separation. It's a clear demarcation, too.

Why would a wiki about this topic be started in MilesBuzz?
I was talking about promoting Wiki use for ALL topics, not about Wikis for Trusted Traveler. In MilesBuzz FT could use a Wiki for every hot topic area you can think of.
Old Nov 2, 13, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
On November 1, 2013, Talkboard passed 8-0:

"The Talkboard recommends the creation of a Trusted Traveler forum under the Travel Safety Security category"

Voting Yes: Cholula, goalie, jackal, kokonutz, MSPeconomist, nsx, RichMSN, SkiAdcock
Did Not Vote: HansGolden
Old Nov 2, 13, 11:35 am
Community Director

The forum can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/