New Forum Suggestion: Thank You Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Forum Suggestion: Thank You Points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by philemer
As a co-mod of CCP I don't think there is enough traffic to justify a sub forum.
We need to remember that the proposal is not for a CITI forum but a ThankYou forum. There is a big difference. Even if we lumped all the CITI card threads into a new forum/sub-forum I don't think there is enough traffic.
I will be the first to admit that I don't know what Thank You Points are, so therefore, I'm going to defer to this voice here as one of authority on this subject.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... the proposal is not for a CITI forum but a ThankYou forum. ...
That was the original proposition in June 2013, but in the revived discussion we are talking about a Citi forum. I agree that there is not enough message volume to support a ThankYou Rewards-only forum, but I think there certainly is enough for a Citi forum, patterned after the Chase forum.

Last edited by mia; Jun 26, 2014 at 7:39 am
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
We need to remember that the proposal is not for a CITI forum but a ThankYou forum. There is a big difference. Even if we lumped all the CITI card threads into a new forum/sub-forum I don't think there is enough traffic.
The proposal is flexible. Based on the experience with spinning off Universal Rewards it sound like a Citi based sub-forum would be a nod toward the natural drift of such a sub-forum.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia
That was the original proposition in June 2013, but in the revived discussion we are talking about a Citi forum. I agree that there is not enough message volume to support a ThankYou Rewards-only forum, but I think there certainly is enough for a Citi forum, patterned after the Chase forum.
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
The proposal is flexible. Based on the experience with spinning off Universal Rewards it sound like a Citi based sub-forum would be a nod toward the natural drift of such a sub-forum.
I haven't seen an official proposal for a CITI-only sub forum but I would not be opposed to one. Personally though, I don't think it would be necessary.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:02 pm
mia

I haven't seen an official proposal for a CITI-only sub forum but I would not be opposed to one. ....
I haven't seen any official proposal, I think it's up it's up to Talkboard to create a motion from the discussion. Read posts 5 and 6 to see where I think the conversation is going, but unless others join in, I don't think there is much to discuss.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:19 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
With or without a Thank You forum, I urge the proponents to create and maintain one or more Wikiposts assembling useful information about earning and using Thank You points.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:55 am
mia

Originally Posted by nsx
... create and maintain one or more Wikiposts assembling useful information about earning and using Thank You points.
This exists here, though the poster chose not to create it as a Wiki:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...s-program.html

Last edited by mia; Jul 21, 2014 at 9:27 am
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:37 am
mia

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...nes-1-1-a.html

With this development I suggest that TalkBoard consider creating a Citibank | ThankYou Rewards forum in the Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs area. The ability to transfer points to airline partners increases the range of discussion. It would parallel the existing Chase | Ultimate Rewards forum, hosting threads discussing all Citi-issued cards, including those which participate in ThankYou Rewards plus American Airlines AAdvantage cards and Hilton HHonors cards.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mia
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...nes-1-1-a.html

With this development I suggest that TalkBoard consider creating a Citibank | ThankYou Rewards forum in the Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs area. The ability to transfer points to airline partners increases the range of discussion. It would parallel the existing Chase | Ultimate Rewards forum, hosting threads discussing all Citi-issued cards, including those which participate in ThankYou Rewards plus American Airlines AAdvantage cards and Hilton HHonors cards.
Thanks for the heads up on the new development. I'll bring it up in the private TB forum.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I note that earlier, CC Mods were saying they didn't feel the new forum was necessary. Does the link posted above change their minds?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I believe there was one that didn't think there was a need, but another that did. I'm not set in stone but I'm inclined to support this. Will be interested in input from both mod and those who would frequent the forum.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:55 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This change brings Citi about 1/3 of the way to matching Ultimate Rewards. Maybe that's enough to justify a forum.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:18 am
mia

Originally Posted by nsx
This change brings Citi about 1/3 of the way to matching Ultimate Rewards. Maybe that's enough to justify a forum.
Citi has a track record of tinkering with ThankYou Rewards. This makes it less attractive than competing programs from American Express, Chase and Diners Club -but- it also means that it is more important to stay on top of changes as they emerge.

Today, the (negative) changes to ThankYou Rewards are in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-benefits.html

...and the positive changes are in the thread I linked earlier. I don't think a program needs to excel to warrant a forum, it merely needs to be sufficiently intricate to generate discussion.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mia
Citi has a track record of tinkering with ThankYou Rewards. This makes it less attractive than competing programs from American Express, Chase and Diners Club -but- it also means that it is more important to stay on top of changes as they emerge.

Today, the (negative) changes to ThankYou Rewards are in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-benefits.html

...and the positive changes are in the thread I linked earlier. I don't think a program needs to excel to warrant a forum, it merely needs to be sufficiently intricate to generate discussion.
I don't think "sufficiently intricate to generate discussion" should be the main reason we judge the need for a new forum. The scheme also has to have value for it's members. ThankYou has been a bit "flaky" in the past, IMHO. Benefits come & go. I think we should watch the program for a while to see if the transfers to airlines & hotels are here to stay. If so, it's a ^ from me.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:55 am
mia

...watch the program for a while to see if the transfers to airlines & hotels are here to stay.
Flyertalk should be proactive, not wait for the members to push. As it stands the Citi threads are lost in a churning sea of credit card strategy discussion, and it will be six months before most members realize that Citi has transformed ThankYou Rewards by adding airline transfers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.