Wiki Posts
Search

Is Milesbuzz as we knew it toast?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

I’m a longtime reader, first time poster. I’ve been coming here for probably about 2 years now and have loved all of the great advice. I’m grateful to those that started, maintain and post great deals. However, the forum in my opinion has taken a huge hit.

It should be noted in the ‘welcome’ thread, that it says, “but we would like to stress that the MilesBuzz forum is for the posting of information related to the latest frequent flyer and hotel program buzz.”

To me, it seems that this just isn’t the case anymore. Maybe there aren’t so many hot deals, but it’s rare to see anything anymore. Have people stopped posting? Are other blogs getting better scoops? Further, nearly every thread on the first page is posters asking for trip advice. While it does say this is permissible in the ‘welcome’ thread, it seems crazy that this would dominate the entire forum and has been for a while now. Even dating back a year, these trip threads seemed to be far more rare. Now that’s all there is and it’s unfortunate.

Is there anyway to create a subforum for trip advice? And keep this forum about milesbuzz about offers and deals?

Thanks for listening.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since this topic is not related to tech support, I'll move it to Talkboard Topics.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
Is Milesbuzz as we knew it toast? <snip>

It should be noted in the ‘welcome’ thread, that it says, “but we would like to stress that the MilesBuzz forum is for the posting of information related to the latest frequent flyer and hotel program buzz.”

To me, it seems that this just isn’t the case anymore.
Already been covered. Please join the existing two discussion threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ree-forum.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...-programs.html

Welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.