Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposal, Name Change: Avianca Lifemiles

Proposal, Name Change: Avianca Lifemiles

Old May 29, 13, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Smile Proposal, Name Change: Avianca Lifemiles

I am happy to say, that my proposed Avianca/Taca LifeMiles forum seems to have done well, over the last year since inception. Being that Taca no longer exists; I propose that the current forum name be be changed to Avianca Lifemiles.
Old May 29, 13, 4:37 pm
Community Director

Can you please post a link to a airline press release, corroborating this? It's an easy thing to update the forum name once we are confident we are following the airline's own action.
Old May 30, 13, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

English version here. The companies still exist but the brand is unified as "Avianca."

I would personally be tempted to wait a month or so for this: somebody looking for "Taca" and who is not yet aware of the brand disappearance might not look where they should.
Old May 30, 13, 9:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's a good idea for the long run, IMO.

I'm guessing we might well not carry out any action for some time to allow brand familiarization to establish itself well, both in the world out there and on FT? TACA has been a standby in many Latin American flyers' vocabulary since the days of "Kiwi" founder Lowell Yerex (1931). Maybe with the coming of 2014? ("Mañana, mano." )

If we act now, I am nearly betting we will see some questions in the Other North & South America Frequent Flyer Programs forum about LifeMiles.
Old May 30, 13, 10:01 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by NickB View Post
I would personally be tempted to wait a month or so for this: somebody looking for "Taca" and who is not yet aware of the brand disappearance might not look where they should.
Good point. I'll leave it as is for the moment.