Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

What good is MilesBuzz! if .... [Legacy card threads moved to Credit Card Programs]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What good is MilesBuzz! if .... [Legacy card threads moved to Credit Card Programs]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 7:24 pm

I can see the point of moving credit card discussion to the credit card forum, but why is the master thread locked now? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...er-thread.html
It is super terrific to have a single thread to start my search of what card I may want next.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by mia
We make decisions carefully, in consultation with each other and the Community Director. Ideas are robustly debated and refined. We test changes on a small scale before broad implementation. We value feedback, but only if it is respectful and includes sufficient reasoning to improve our understanding.
This appears to be the issue - you (and when I say "you", I mean it in the collective sense) discuss and decide among yourselves, but don't ask for broader feedback from those it affects before making a large scale change. Then when people react, they are told that's not welcome/allowed, least of all in public. I'm fairly new here, but the tone and strange logic in this thread has been off-putting. It's pretty strange for a public forum not to allow public comment on its decisions.

To say "we value feedback", but only allow very limited feedback after an action has already been taken means you don't really value it.
Old May 23, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by kdjk5467
... why is the master thread locked now? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...er-thread.html
It's been like that for almost 2 years now:

Originally Posted by UA Fan
The mods have agreed to lock this thread, unless I need to make an edit. If you see a special offer somewhere, please send me a PM and it will be unlocked and OP edited.
ETA:
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Originally Posted by jackal
Exactly.

lin821 also forgot to mention the years-long broken daily forum summary email problem.

For being one of the flagship brands of a company with $100 million in revenue and over $10 million in profit, it sure seems like we should be seeing a much, much better user experience than we are now...
I guess as long as FT is profitable as-is, no need for them to invest time and resources into improving it. If MilePoint could manage to get the content and info level that FT has, I can't imagine bothering with FT anymore.
It's so comforting to hear the admin's most recent response to one of the never-gone-away problems:

Originally Posted by IBobi
RE: Phantom pages...

There's ultimately little we can do. Tech runs a "cleanup script" that hopefully fixes pagination, but sometimes it only lasts a short time. Ultimately it is just a minor annoyance that doesn't actually affect the content you can see at all; you'll never be kept from seeing a post that's on a phantom page, because the phantom page is just that-- it has no content & doesn't really exist. Keeping that in mind and just accepting it are about the best we can do right now. I'm hoping that a future iteration of the software fixes this.

Paul
Maybe it's time to ask cordelli where to get the right monkey.

Last edited by lin821; May 23, 2013 at 5:12 am Reason: ETA: adding quotes & reply
Old May 23, 2013, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by lin821
Oops. I feel silly, thanks.

I vote for making it a sticky again though.
Old May 23, 2013, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by lin821
Originally Posted by kdjk5467
Oops. I feel silly, thanks.

I vote for making it a sticky again though.
Please revoke my license to surf the internet. It is already a sticky. I will now self flagellate. Then I can have the privilege of internetz
Old May 23, 2013, 11:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PHLisa

To say "we value feedback", but only allow very limited feedback after an action has already been taken means you don't really value it.
Especially when the feedback is forced to be to individual and private.
Old May 23, 2013, 12:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by PHLisa
We started thinking about this problem based on input from members who told us it was confusing to have credit card discussions in multiple locations, and from other members who told us that MilesBuzz! was dominated by US-only topics. We tested our solution by gradually moving credit card threads over a ~60 day period. We made changes based on member reaction during that process. We also value the feedback which we are receiving now that the last few threads have been moved.

Originally Posted by LoganHero
Please tell us more about why you don't value the opportunity to explain the reasons you disagree with a decision. You may respond in this thread, or contact any MilesBuzz! moderator by PM (our ID's are listed in the lower right corner of the MilesBuzz! page), or by PM to the Community Director.

Last edited by mia; May 23, 2013 at 12:36 pm
Old May 23, 2013, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Give me a break. You've been a member for one month & you make a statement like this? Facts to back up your statement?
Old May 24, 2013, 3:50 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by philemer
Give me a break. You've been a member for one month & you make a statement like this? Facts to back up your statement?
I was told at a huge gathering that plenty of suspended members, or members in fear of being- had new/other nicks to be able to air frustration. The veterans may know better if this is thin air or not.
Old May 24, 2013, 6:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by philemer
Originally Posted by tom911
I think they're very valid issues, but the Talk Board has no say in moderation, and your thread is now in their forum. I think you'd be better off communicating via PM with the moderators in Miles Buzz or the Community Director, all of whom have authority on the topics you have raised before and after the thread move here.
Originally Posted by jackal
This may prove helpful: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...onsidered.html

As tom911 indicated, your complaint is really with the moderators of the MilesBuzz forum. If they do not approve of a public discussion in the forum itself about how to best handle moderation, then you really need to approach the moderators directly and, if that does not resolve things to your satisfaction, the Community Director.
Originally Posted by Moderator2
It really doesn't matter whether the discussion is in MilesBuzz, TalkBoard, or American Airlines. Moderator specific or theoretical action is not a subject that will get airtime. If you have comments that fall under this ban, the Community Director would be your only outlet, and that would be via private message.

More info at: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ions-here.html

Might also be valuable to review this thread, which outlines the role of the TalkBoard in Flyertalk's management structure: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...onsidered.html

Thanks for your consideration.
And thanks so much for the warm welcome. Love to see the representatives of FT represent themselves so well.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: A few
And thanks so much for the warm welcome. Love to see the representatives of FT represent themselves so well.
+1 Well said
Old May 25, 2013, 2:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Some of us are just following the rules that have been spelled out very clearly over the years, particularly as they relate to moderation, and take the opportunity to make others aware of those rules. You've been here one month. The rules not always easy to find, much like the Talk Board forum itself, and someone that is new to FT surely would not know how those rules are enforced and the penalties handed out. You should be happy that members have taken the time to pass on this info. Would be great if Talk Board members answered every question, and we do have some participating in this thread, but the majority are sitting on the sidelines right now and not taking questions or posting comments. I would not expect a welcome message from them.

I can't recall welcoming you in this thread but I will take this opportunity to say "welcome to FlyerTalk". Looks like you've been posting for over a month. I'm surprised someone didn't welcome you in one of the other forums before now.

Tom at Oz Fest in Perth, Australia
Old May 25, 2013, 2:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by skaya
I was told at a huge gathering that plenty of suspended members, or members in fear of being- had new/other nicks to be able to air frustration. The veterans may know better if this is thin air or not.
Not sure that translates into U.S. English. What is a "nicks"? If you're talking about the methods of complaining, I have personally complained to both the Mileage Buzz moderators and the Community Director on a number of issues and have received personal responses from them both. May not be the answer I want but these folks do answer their PMs.
Old May 25, 2013, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
Not sure that translates into U.S. English. What is a "nicks"?
Another or duplicate user name
Old May 25, 2013, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've been following this thread, but my last post here was #84 on May 19.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.