Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

What good is MilesBuzz! if .... [Legacy card threads moved to Credit Card Programs]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What good is MilesBuzz! if .... [Legacy card threads moved to Credit Card Programs]

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2013, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD

All discussion of UR goes to the Chase forum

All discussion of MR goes to the AMEX forum

and now any credit card offer goes to the CC section?

Am I the only one that disagrees with this and feels it renders MilesBuzz completely useless?

Rather than go to one section, I now have to visit at least 3 in order to get the same info
Old May 18, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
All discussion of UR goes to the Chase forum

All discussion of MR goes to the AMEX forum

and now any credit card offer goes to the CC section?

Am I the only one that disagrees with this and feels it renders MilesBuzz completely useless?

Rather than go to one section, I now have to visit at least 3 in order to get the same info
I thought the same thing this AM when all the threads were spattered about the rest of flyertalk. Guess they were no longer buzzworthy.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: DL, AA
Agree too, but couldn't this be some temporary glitch?
Old May 18, 2013, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carofly
Agree too, but couldn't this be some temporary glitch?
i've seen it with individual threads when they merge the same topic as a glitch, never all the threads at the same time

with what is being left here, it seems like those supplemental mileage offers that most of us don't bother to go for.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:18 am

I agree! This used to be the "one stop shopping" forum. Now we have to go all over the place. Some of these threads have been here for over two years. I can't believe after all this time, anyone would have any problem with it.

Why the change now? (At this point, I have very little use for this forum!)
Old May 18, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
I agree as well. A lot of the topics I frequently visit in the Miles Buzz! forum are now scattered all over the place, leaving little of interest in Miles Buzz! Who decided this?
Old May 18, 2013, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
I agree! This used to be the "one stop shopping" forum. Now we have to go all over the place. Some of these threads have been here for over two years. I can't believe after all this time, anyone would have any problem with it.

Why the change now? (At this point, I have very little use for this forum!)
my main issue is that I was able to see ALL CC offers for multiple airlines and devise an AOR that best fit the current offers and my travel patterns and at the same time pull expertise from multiple people across multiple programs.

We've all gone to threads we have glanced over once we read the ones we where interested in and given advice on issues.

if we segregate everything, we lose that
Old May 18, 2013, 9:35 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

As listed in the description for this forum, "Discussion of the latest frequent flyer & hotel program buzz...only"

Now that there is a credit card forum, all discussion of credit card offers and programs should be posted there.

MileageAddict
Old May 18, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
As listed in the description for this forum, "Discussion of the latest frequent flyer & hotel program buzz...only"

Now that there is a credit card forum, all discussion of credit card offers and programs should be posted there.

MileageAddict
Very bad decision, in my opinion.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by MileageAddict

MileageAddict

So no more "Hi, help me to get to Timbaktu" and "I have 3,000 Air Asia miles, need to get to Bali from Fargo ND in First Class" topics?
Old May 18, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
While I agree there is less interest to keep checking MB as much and it takes longer to visit a few different subforums it also cleans things up nicely. A couple months ago MB was so cluttered with discussion on so many things, but now it is not.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:59 am

agree
Old May 18, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Very bad decision, in my opinion.
Seconded.

I understand the desire to "clean up" the MilesBuzz forum... but this really is to the point that it makes this particular forum almost useless, and forces everyone to go through multiple forums.

hopefully admins reconsider.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Agreed. Now I'm not sure what's the purpose of visiting this particular forum
Old May 18, 2013, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millere2
While I agree there is less interest to keep checking MB as much and it takes longer to visit a few different subforums it also cleans things up nicely. A couple months ago MB was so cluttered with discussion on so many things, but now it is not.
There used to be 3 main types of threads here:

1) latest CC offers and how to maximize

2) how to efficiently spend points on high end vacations

3) how to meet spend threshold and manufacture spend for extra miles

then there are 3 types of sub-threads

A) spin off of the above 2 that eventually get merged

B) I have XX miles help me get to YY

C) secondary point earning mechanisms (stock trading sign up, checking account sign up, netflix points, audience awards, etc)

So, MB was cluttered, so they created a 'manufactured spend' forum, eliminating topics on #3

So, out of the last 2 main topics, now we are removing #1 as well? And eventually when this turns into the 'go to' place on how to redeem miles from other areas, history shows that those topics too will be removed?

#A always get merged, so those are just work for the mods

#B seems to be on the rise. I've had questions before, but I usually start primer threads where I put in my own research and try to organize everything to answer questions

Seems like all we are going to end up with is #C around here

*yawn*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.