Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

What good is MilesBuzz! if .... [Legacy card threads moved to Credit Card Programs]

What good is MilesBuzz! if .... [Legacy card threads moved to Credit Card Programs]

Old May 25, 13, 11:50 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by skaya View Post
I was told at a huge gathering that plenty of suspended members, or members in fear of being- had new/other nicks to be able to air frustration. The veterans may know better if this is thin air or not.
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Not sure that translates into U.S. English. What is a "nicks"?
Another or duplicate user name
If that's what nicks are, then that's another violation of FT TOS:

Multiple Usernames -
Members are not allowed to have multiple FlyerTalk accounts or usernames. Multiple accounts will be closed and involved members can be subject to the disciplinary process.
I think it's not too much to ask and/or expect people to play by the rules. If every FTer does play by the FlyerTalk Rules, there's no need to fear for suspension and the mod team would have a much easier job to do.
Old May 25, 13, 12:22 pm
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
I think it's not too much to ask and/or expect people to play by the rules. If every FTer does play by the FlyerTalk Rules, there's no need to fear for suspension and the mod team would have a much easier job to do.
It's always amazing to me how thousands and thousands of members can post here daily and not even come close to even receiving a warning, much less formal discipline.

And then there are a few--a very, very few--members who just can't seem to help but repeatedly cross the line.

No one is stopping anyone from airing frustrations with moderation. However, there are designated channels to do so. In public on FlyerTalk is not one of them. In private via private message to the moderators themselves or the Community Director is. It's not that hard.

BTW, "nick" is short for "nickname," which in this context means "username." On FT, most people seem to prefer to use the word "handle" (an old term for a nickname used on CB radio). More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_(computing)
Old May 25, 13, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
Posters in the Southwest forum say the same about Southwest's website. And they're right. It's a rare company that's willing to spend the money necessary to build a great website software.

Still, I would expect a company whose business includes reselling that software to be at the top in website functionality.
Expectations only lead to disappointment That is why Southwest is so highly rated! (OK, maybe not their website on FT )
Old May 28, 13, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Give me a break. You've been a member for one month & you make a statement like this? Facts to back up your statement?
Any response now that I've provided those facts?
Old May 28, 13, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I've been following this thread, but my last post here was #84 on May 19.
Is the Talk Board discussing this in their private forum, or is it pretty much a dead issue being that it involves moderation?
Old May 28, 13, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Indeed: I'm present and paying attention, as are several of my colleagues. There's also a thread in our private TalkBoard forum that draws attention to this thread and the issues raised here.
Maybe we could try to discuss whether there's anything TalkBoard can do to attempt to remedy the perceived situation. In particular, do people who are concerned have any positive suggestions for how we should consider restructuring or redefining fora to make it easier to find the information you want?

Should we perhaps explore the creation of a "hot topics" forum where new promos could be posted, with the understanding that as they age, these threads would later be moved (with a big expenditure of time and effort by some mods, so this might not be practical) to their appropriate long term home forum?

Should more fora have sub forums along the lines that MR does? One subforum would exist for posting announcements only and strictly require informative thread titles while the other forum would have discussion threads.

Would it help to create an expanded ares for newbies? I don't think this is the issue here, since the MilesBuzz fans can be new or old users of FT, but if part of the problem is learning to use MyFT well, then it is partly about informing/teaching users.

As was suggested earlier, a number of TalkBoard members are here and listening, but we need some suggestions we can pursue.
This.

Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Is the Talk Board discussing this in their private forum
See above.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 13, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I read that post 10 days back. Looks like the only member that has directly responded to it is stupidbzu so not much traction. I suggested separately that the Mileage Buzz and Credit Card mods create a newbie thread within their forum, similar to what is in place at AA and Hyatt in that they are flame-free.

I don't see much value in creating a whole bunch of new forums when the existing forums cover the material just fine. It's all about "which" forum the material goes in and that takes us back to moderation.

Tom in Hong Kong