Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Flying with a felony probation violation

Old Apr 28, 13, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Hello, I'm looking to fly to Chicago from Las Vegas but I don't know if I can fly without getting arrested. I was convicted of Felony Perjury in Portland, Oregon and received felony probation in 2008. I ended up leaving, and for the past 5 years I've had a felony probation violation. I have been pulled over by the police here in Vegas a couple of times and didn't get arrested. Actually the first time, I tried to lie about my name, but the cop could tell I was lying, so he asked me I had a warrant, and I said yes. He ran my real name, then came back and told me that they didn't want to extradite me, so he let me go. There was another time when I was with my husband when he got pulled over. The officer asked for my ID, which I gave to him; again, there was no problem, he didn't even mention that I had a warrant. So, I'm trying to find out if I can fly without running into trouble. I know that there are no guarantees, but I would like to know what my changes are. Also, I am fully aware that the best way to not get arrested is to take care of the warrant, which won't get taken care of before I leave. Thanks ahead of time.
Old Apr 28, 13, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Somebody posted exactly the same question in another forum. Oh, that was you. Why not stick with what you've got there?
Old Apr 28, 13, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Plastic, SPG Plastic (Match), Hyatt Phlebotomist or something, IHG Plastic, Hilton Plastic
It's a sting. When people reply talking about their experiences flying with a warrant "LaurenMercedes" and the rest of the marshalls will swoop in.
Old Apr 28, 13, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Yes, I did post it to the community forum then I found a probation sub-forum, so I thought it would be a more appropriate place for it. I also posted the question to an expert law forum. I thought I could get a better understanding by asking people of both the airline and legal areas. Am I not supposed to do that? I apologize, this is the first time I've gotten on a forum and wasn't for sure how this worked. Little confused about highops comment; can you elaborate?

Last edited by LaurenMercedes; Apr 28, 13 at 8:31 am Reason: misspell
Old Apr 28, 13, 8:43 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Former VIP - Fromin's Deli; Encino, CA - 33 years status granted at successor deli - "Uncle Bernies"
Please follow this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...n-warrant.html