Search

MOTION PASSED: Create a 'Points & Miles Blogs' Forum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Me too.

I am committed to doing whatever I can to see the new forum succeed.
Hope you enjoy playing "Blog Cop"!
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I am committed to doing whatever I can to see the new forum succeed.
Careful as someone just might nominate you to moderate the forum.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

I plan to create this forum by the end of next week. I am working with Talkboard and Talkteam to further define the content. There also needs to be mods assigned to the forum before it goes live.

Considerable effort is ongoing so please be patient.

Carol
Community Director
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:12 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I plan to create this forum by the end of next week. I am working with Talkboard and Talkteam to further define the content. There also needs to be mods assigned to the forum before it goes live.

Considerable effort is ongoing so please be patient.

Carol
Community Director
I just want to confirm Carol's assertion, and say that I am very well pleased with the efforts she is taking with regard to the creation of a new forum that I believe will be a huge benefit to FlyerTalk! ^
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: A few
Thanks for the efforts

When we do have the forum I would like to request that any threads outside the forum that descend into tirades against bloggers have those posts yanked out and moved to a separate thread in the new forum. I for one am getting fed up of endless deal threads that descend into "bloggers ruin everything" debates. Here's the latest example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...m-star-53.html

I can dig out dozens of other examples.... kind of tiring
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
On April 11, 2013, Talkboard passed 8-2-0:

"Talkboard recommends the creation of a Points & Miles Blogs Forum"

Voting Yes: Cholula, jackal, kokonutz, MSPEconomist, nsx, RichMSN

Voting No: goalie, SkiAdcock

Did Not Vote: Hans Golden
Bolding mine: Did Mr. & Mrs Claude Rains vote? <ducking>

Originally Posted by soccerguy985
Definitely remembering this:

Voting No: goalie, SkiAdcock

Did Not Vote: Hans Golden

When it comes time for elections
With all due respect, you should not fault anyone (be it here on F/T or any other election) for casting a vote as simply put, they voted (and if you have an issue with Hans Golden not voting, that is between you and them and should be handled privately [and delicately ]). A vote cast may or may not be the way you wanted to have a vote cast but that person voted and that is what matters. Now as to my vote, I voted based on the discussion and I felt that a no vote was in the best interest of F/t-plane and simple. Am I happy with the ouctome of the vote, no. Do I hope the new forum works, as I posted above-yes
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by goalie
Even tho I voted "no", I hope the new forum works but be prepared to sleep in the bed you made just in case
I doubt the people who voted yes sleep in the beds they made, unless they turned down housekeeping for a bonus 500 Starpoints
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There also needs to be mods assigned to the forum before it goes live.

Carol
Community Director
Ya think?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Thanks for the efforts

When we do have the forum I would like to request that any threads outside the forum that descend into tirades against bloggers have those posts yanked out and moved to a separate thread in the new forum. I for one am getting fed up of endless deal threads that descend into "bloggers ruin everything" debates. Here's the latest example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...m-star-53.html

I can dig out dozens of other examples.... kind of tiring
Good idea@:-) And those dozens of examples may show some need for the forum.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I believe this should be 6-2-0 (with one not voting) -- unless we've somehow added two members whilst I wasn't looking!
Bolding mine: Did Mr. & Mrs Claude Rains vote? <ducking>
Oops - I was posting quickly in between leaving convention center/trade show & going to biz dinner. Sorry 'bout that. It's been corrected.

Cheers.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: HH Silver
With all due respect, you should not fault anyone (be it here on F/T or any other election) for casting a vote as simply put, they voted (and if you have an issue with Hans Golden not voting, that is between you and them and should be handled privately [and delicately ]). A vote cast may or may not be the way you wanted to have a vote cast but that person voted and that is what matters. Now as to my vote, I voted based on the discussion and I felt that a no vote was in the best interest of F/t-plane and simple. Am I happy with the ouctome of the vote, no. Do I hope the new forum works, as I posted above-yes
Agree and find it curious that previous poster never shared their opinion on this topic but wants us to remember how TB members voted on it.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 12, 2013 at 3:55 pm
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by FlyFasterFlyFarther
Seems like this one may have jumped too quickly to a solution rather than starting with analyzing how to help the community first.
Any Talk Board member could have crafted a new motion and asked for this one to be defeated if they didn't like the wording. For that matter, any FT member that had a better idea on how a blog forum could be crafted could come up with an alternate proposal. I don't recall any Talk Board member or FT members asking for a "no" vote on this motion so they could come back to the table and craft something better. The proposal was put out for discussion on March 11 and the ballot concluded on April 11. That was a good month for any Talk Board member, or non-member, to put a better idea forward for this forum if they didn't like the one kokonutz crafted.

I understand some Talk Board members and FT members are against the idea of a blog forum, but there was no middle ground to go with an alternate proposal that could be looked at.

Tom in Helsinki
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Those poor mods...
Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Can HansGolden share his view on why he did not vote on this issue? I checked both related threads and don't see that he posted in either to give an indication why he abstained.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tom911
Can HansGolden share his view on why he did not vote on this issue? I checked both related threads and don't see that he posted in either to give an indication why he abstained.
He didn't abstain; he didn't vote, which is different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.