Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Motion Passed: Create a Chase Ultimate Rewards Forum

Motion Passed: Create a Chase Ultimate Rewards Forum

Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
In any event, the announcement has been updated, and refers specifically to Ultimate Rewards.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:27 am

chase UR deserves its own separate sub-forum.

currently, info and discussion on chase UR is mostly crammed into three massive threads that have become unwieldy: the "chase sapphire preferred benefits" thread, the thread on UR closure and loss of points, and the using non-chase cards at UR mall thread. specific or unique questions, such as transfers of points to specific airlines or other programs, get lost or subsumed.

to the extend chase UR is a passing "fad," while it may die in the future, it is hot now. the speculative uncertainty of the future of a program should not be cause for those actively involved to suffer with info that has become hard to find or manage because it is compressed into a handful of threads.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by joshwex90
What about non-UR cards that aren't airline/hotel specific?
These would likely end up in the Ultimate Rewards forum, in the same way that American Express's Blue Sky rewards program is discussed in the Membership Rewards forum.

The primary thing to understand is that the airline, hotel and rail cards issued by Chase would continue to be discussed in the sponsoring program's forum. Essentially this is a proposal to split Chase Ultimate Rewards out from the existing Credit Card Programs forum.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by crabbing
chase UR deserves its own separate sub-forum.

currently, info and discussion on chase UR is mostly crammed into three massive threads that have become unwieldy: the "chase sapphire preferred benefits" thread, the thread on UR closure and loss of points, and the using non-chase cards at UR mall thread. specific or unique questions, such as transfers of points to specific airlines or other programs, get lost or subsumed.

to the extend chase UR is a passing "fad," while it may die in the future, it is hot now. the speculative uncertainty of the future of a program should not be cause for those actively involved to suffer with info that has become hard to find or manage because it is compressed into a handful of threads.
Do you mean sub-forum or forum? We're voting on whether to create a forum or not.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kokonutz
[*]The Chase programs and cards are huge, popular and complicated
Complicated? I don't see this at all. The program itself is disappointingly simple, it's just an aggregation of Chase's co-brand card partners. Churning Chase cards can be complicated, but that's not a characteristic of Ultimate Rewards. I thought Chase would do much more with this, but it seems to have plateaued very early.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Cons: "The program is popular today but could be a ghost town by next month"

Disagree with this massively. Adoption and proliferation of UR program seems to grow daily. More merchants even recognize the sapphire and know which direction to hold it in. While any "clever tricks" may be clamped down on.. the problem will still exist and many folks will be participating in it.

UR to me is basically the rewards program for one of the largest banks in the world.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by mia
These would likely end up in the Ultimate Rewards forum, in the same way that American Express's Blue Sky rewards program is discussed in the Membership Rewards forum.

The primary thing to understand is that the airline, hotel and rail cards issued by Chase would continue to be discussed in the sponsoring program's forum. Essentially this is a proposal to split Chase Ultimate Rewards out from the existing Credit Card Programs forum.
I figured the whole time that cards like the Presidential Plus, OnePass Plus, MileagePlus Club, Explorer, etc. would stay in the UA forum; BA in BA; WN in WN...
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: Still new to the game but growing everyday!
Hugely support this and I am honestly shocked that a UR forum hasn't already been created yet. Every other major airline, hotel, and CC program has their own forum already. UR has been a strong program for a while now and is arguably the best transferable points program out there.

I don't understand the argument of those saying it might turn into a dead forum if the program goes away. That argument can be applied to ANY program and definitely is no reason to not create it if there is a need. Hello...look at the airline programs over the years? Should be get rid of or consolidate all the airline program forums because they *maybe* won't be around in the future?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I vote, "Yes!" It would be nice to be able to go to one area dedicated to the Chase UR program cards.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:25 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I voted yes in the private TalkBoard forum.

The pros seem to outweigh the cons, and folks seem to want it.

Plus I've been Ink Bolding like hell the past couple months and, well...
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:19 am

I vote yes.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:17 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by joshwex90
What about non-UR cards that aren't airline/hotel specific?
Does Chase have cards which do not earn either UR points or airline/hotel points? If so why would anyone here be interested in such a card?

As with all forums here, the posters are largely in control of what is discussed in a forum. This forum will evolve as Ultimate Rewards changes and our interest in it changes.

As a counterpoint, consider that we have no forum for CapitalOne points. Why not? Because it's so simple that it's downright boring. You can't get fancy with that program, and everyone understands how to use it. A CapitalOne forum would have almost no activity except for the occasional signup bonus frenzy. Signup bonus frenzies have always been handled reasonably well by one megathread per offer.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:33 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
I vote strong no. No reason to hand information to Chase on a silver platter.
It's their business to know how their system is being used or abused. A public forum, or even a lightly gated forum, will not keep them from obtaining this information. Not only that, but they have internal information channels to share information about unusual usage patterns.

Originally Posted by NathanJ
No
Originally Posted by therabbit
i vote no
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
No, please.
Any different reason that the 3 of you said no?

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I'm against it because I believe it is a passing fad.
That's what many people thought about programs early in their history. It appears to me that Chase aims to displace Amex Membership Rewards with a bigger and better program.

Are there any other "No" reasons out there?

Last edited by nsx; Mar 15, 2013 at 4:43 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Voting yes
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Yes please!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.