Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposal: Korea(s) Forum as a major travel destination.

Proposal: Korea(s) Forum as a major travel destination.

 

Old Aug 6, 12, 11:28 am
  #61  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Motown
Programs: DL DM 1MM
Posts: 5,537
Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
I didn't search...
Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
even though visible, are really not that many...
Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
Some people support it just because they plan to visit Korea sometimes...
You are pointing fingers at people because they are wishy-washy without data to back it up.

Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
I really have nothing to offer but my deep disappointment in TB.
Yet you have no concrete data or reasoning to argue your point?
skchin is offline  
Old Aug 6, 12, 12:56 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home
Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Posts: 7,625
Originally Posted by skchin View Post
You are pointing fingers at people because they are wishy-washy without data to back it up.
No, I just pointed out a simple fact.

If you had followed TB Topics Forum closely, you would know that our TalkBoard, or at least some TBers, had stated in the past that comments like "+1", "I like it", "I want it", "why not"...etc are either of little or no effect to their (voting) decision, unless posters can provide reasoning behind their thought. I hope this hasn't changed. In the context of FT, let rational and logical arguments win, no matter it's from the pro or con camp.

Originally Posted by skchin View Post
Yet you have no concrete data or reasoning to argue your point?
As for my position, I already clearly explained myself and the logic behind my thinking in my other lengthy posts w/r/t this topic in both 2009 and this year: Korea threads haven't dominated Asia Forum on FT. My opinion hasn't changed and I have no intention to repeat myself.
lin821 is offline  
Old Aug 6, 12, 12:58 pm
  #63  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN CP & A-list preferred, Interstate BBQ at MEM B17, Hotwire, Priceline, tent
Posts: 19,337
Originally Posted by lin821 View Post
Korea threads haven't dominated Asia Forum on FT.
Are there other countries with more posts in the Asia forum? Perhaps we should look at them too.
nsx is offline  
Old Aug 6, 12, 1:03 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home
Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Posts: 7,625
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
Are there other countries with more posts in the Asia forum? Perhaps we should look at them too.
I believe so.

We can continue to exchange thought via PMs so not to steal the thunder from the motion at hand.
lin821 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 12, 7:45 pm
  #65  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 60,453
TalkBoard pased the motion.

Please see the new Korea Forum.

JDiver, Moderator
JDiver is offline  
Old Aug 26, 12, 7:48 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: HK
Programs: LH Sen, Skyteam Elite, 9W Silver, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 61
A Korea forum will be useful, hopefully it will be read by the Korean carriers and encourage them to cater a little bit more to their international, non-Korean speaking passengers
Madame R is offline  
Old Nov 25, 12, 5:17 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Uncertain
Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Posts: 898
i would support this
BIMMERKID2 is offline  
Old Nov 25, 12, 6:29 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Home
Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Posts: 7,625
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2 View Post
i would support this
I guess you missed the big announcement back in August 2012:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/town-...rea-forum.html

It won't hurt by participating in said forum to show your support.
lin821 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread