Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Forum

Ritz-Carlton Rewards Forum

Old Nov 3, 12, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My first choice would be a sub-forum for RC within Marriott. This opinion is based somewhat on my recent personal experience staying in a RC. First of all, the Platinum Premier line was very helpful in answering questions about the Hong Kong property, which I ultimately booked through FHR as it was a better deal and I wasn't willing to spend IIRC 70,000 points per night. In addition, they made a dinner reservation for me. Secondly, the property recognized my Platinum Premier status; front desk and lounge employees seemed familiar with my card and knew that it was a higher level than Platinum. I received a nice upgrade, to a large corner junior suite. I never felt that they would have treated someone from the RC program better, although they obviously would give preference to those who had previously been guests at the property. Third, my points posted quickly and accurately. To me, all of this indicates that the programs are well integrated, even though it is just one data point.

The title of the Marriott forum should be changed to indicate that RC is now included, but I don't have strong views on how the new name should be formulated.
Old Nov 4, 12, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
There is a poll in the Marriott Rewards forum re: whether to keep the forum name as is (ie, no change), or to change it to Marriott Rewards (including Ritz-Carlton). Poll is open to November 25th.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-part-2-a.html

Cheers.