Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Sloppy job changing thread names at Airlines of India forum

Old May 2, 12, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Several of us who frequent the erstwhile Airlines of India forum are quite upset with the recent, unannounced, unpopular change in name. Even worse is the change in name of a couple of our threads (chai stall and lounge meet ups).

I thought I'd give you a heads up that if you care so much about consistency, you should rename the threads again. For example, "India Based Airlines Chai Stall" should be "India-based Airlines Chai Stall".
Old May 2, 12, 9:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
So much for "organization" and "consistency"
Old May 2, 12, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by hyderago View Post
Several of us who frequent the erstwhile Airlines of India forum are quite upset with the recent, unannounced, unpopular change in name.
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL View Post
So much for "organization" and "consistency"
Should this be communicated directly to our Community Director, especially when she had publicly explained herself and taken action on the other thread about 12 hours ago?

Originally Posted by hyderago View Post
Even worse is the change in name of a couple of our threads (chai stall and lounge meet ups).

I thought I'd give you a heads up that if you care so much about consistency, you should rename the threads again. For example, "India Based Airlines Chai Stall" should be "India-based Airlines Chai Stall".
It's about moderation, not technical issues on FT (where OP originally started this new thread). I believe a word or PM to the forum mod in India-based Airlines Forum will get that "inconsistency" fixed very quickly.
Old May 2, 12, 10:43 pm
Community Director

Seriously folks? This is not a Talkboard issue. This is a matter for you to discuss with your forum moderator. I'm confident he will be happy to quickly correct any grammar errors.

I know that I prefer private correspondence when I make one of my many mistakes of this nature.

Search this Thread