Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Comments Welcome-Voting Underway: Create an Airlines of Russia and the CIS Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments Welcome-Voting Underway: Create an Airlines of Russia and the CIS Forum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Kallio
... is there some reason it is in a middle of the airline programs section and not in the end where other forums not specific to one FFP are?
See what our Community Director said in another thread:

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
... to be consistent with Russia based airlines and Hawaii based airlines. It has been put in alphabetical order based on its new name.
(underline mine)
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just as an fyi - Baltic States has been removed from the forum description & no Baltic States threads were actually moved to the new forum before the edit to the description.

Cheers.
Thank you very much!

Going back to more interesting and (mostly) joyful travel-related topics!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by hbush
Going back to more interesting and (mostly) joyful travel-related topics!
^

Hopefully the other CIS states +, equally opressed by Russia, dont use this as a precedent. Like the few shouting loudest always get their right.

Last edited by travelkid; Apr 4, 2012 at 1:48 pm Reason: added "dont" !
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by travelkid
^

Hopefully the other CIS states +, equally opressed by Russia, dont use this as a precedent. Like the few shouting loudest always get their right.
And hopefully FTers will use the new forum & move on to travel topics We have another new forum we're considering if people would like to post in that thread

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Spiff
Baltic States don't belong.
It's too bad you didn't raise this prior to now. It may have changed how the proposal was made or brought about an amendment.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
It's too bad you didn't raise this prior to now. It may have changed how the proposal was made or brought about an amendment.
Maybe; maybe not (although I'm 100% in agreement w/ you that if that's the reason he voted no, it would have been good TB member behavior to bring it up when the motion was being considered).

As I posted in the private forum:

"Baltic States was in the forum description which I included when I did the motion. But in my mind it was the overall creation of the forum that was up for vote, not the description itself, which I assumed could be edited to be more or less inclusive. Descriptions don't go into place until a forum is voted yes...

...the forum has been open for only 12 hours & threads were in the process of being moved. If we were going to make the change, that was/is the time to do it."

The Community Director made the call to pull Baltic States out of the forum description based on feedback both private & public & before threads were moved, and I respect the decision.

Now - for those who were supportive of the overall forum itself, go forward & post. Your forum awaits you

Cheers.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just as an fyi - Baltic States has been removed from the forum description & no Baltic States threads were actually moved to the new forum before the edit to the description.

Cheers.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.