Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Comments Welcome-Voting Underway: Create an Airlines of Russia and the CIS Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments Welcome-Voting Underway: Create an Airlines of Russia and the CIS Forum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I support this motion
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I support this motion
Me, too. +1.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:04 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
The Baltic States should be removed.They are not in Russia or CIS while Turkmenistan and Ukraine are in CIS.Keep those Baltic companies(AirBaltic,Estonian Air) in Other European Frequent Flyer Programs sub-forum.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Jaenks
The Baltic States should be removed.They are not in Russia or CIS while Turkmenistan and Ukraine are in CIS.Keep those Baltic companies(AirBaltic,Estonian Air) in Other European Frequent Flyer Programs sub-forum.
Turkmenistan and Ukraine have not ratified the CIS charter. Thats why they are specifically mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonw...pendent_States

For the Baltic its pretty much flip a coin. But I think the (transiberian) train has left. The issue has been raised for a few months.

I would say that in general carriers are better served in a specific forum than a generic. The Baltic has large Russian minorities, and more russian speaking. Its a safe bet that many travellers from this region is well into the Russia proper market and vice versa.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Originally Posted by travelkid
The Baltic has large Russian minorities, and more russian speaking. Its a safe bet that many travellers from this region is well into the Russia proper market and vice versa.
I wouldn't bet my money on that. As I pointed out in the earlier thread, the Baltic countries, despite the Russian minorities, are economically integrated to Western Europe, and also in terms of air travel connections to Russia are far less important. Thus, Russia & CIS would be a rather odd reference group to FF programmes of Baltic States based airlines.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pteropous
I wouldn't bet my money on that. As I pointed out in the earlier thread, the Baltic countries, despite the Russian minorities, are economically integrated to Western Europe, and also in terms of air travel connections to Russia are far less important. Thus, Russia & CIS would be a rather odd reference group to FF programmes of Baltic States based airlines.
As we set any nationalstic, poltical opinions aside- and stay FT oriented and pragmatic- its pretty clear where questions are most likely to be answered; in a forum which includes the country names. Contrary to a huge diversified forum.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: QF Platinum/Lifetime Gold, LH Senator, AF Platinum
Yes - great move
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Minorities in Estonia and Latvia are only Russian speaking, they do not follow a Western forums, only a Russian ones and generally do not speaking English either.Estonians are flying from Helsinki,Riga and Tallinn(non Aeroflot destination), Latvians fly from Riga only. My vote goes to country based forum.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaenks
My vote goes to country based forum.
Unfortunately too low demand to be viable.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Unfortunately too low demand to be viable.
I don't think its happening. They will not able to create a new forum.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Interesting thought - definately understand S7 and SU, amongst other Russian carriers...those carriers not formally in the CIS may not need to be bundled into this forum... such as OV, BT, PS, etc... as a thought.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Sounds like a good idea to me. No need to add the Baltic states, as Estonian Air is not that big, and airBaltic has much more presense in Western Europe than in the east.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Create an Airlines of Russia and the CIS forum motion will pass...

In accordance with the recently changed guidelines that means we'll announce if a motion has passed or failed once enough yes or no votes have been recorded by TB members, this is the public notice that this motion will pass as it has secured 6 yes votes.

Please note that not all TB members have voted yet, and so a final announcement with who voted yes/no will not be posted until all 9 have voted or the voting period ends.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
In accordance with the recently changed guidelines that means we'll announce if a motion has passed or failed once enough yes or no votes have been recorded by TB members, this is the public notice that this motion will pass as it has secured 6 yes votes.

Please note that not all TB members have voted yet, and so a final announcement with who voted yes/no will not be posted until all 9 have voted or the voting period ends.
@:-)

^^^^ To all contributors, to whole of TB, especially to those already voted, and even more so to Sharon^
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:34 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
@:-)

^^^^ To all contributors, to whole of TB, especially to those already voted, and even more so to Sharon^
Yes, kudos to Sharon for herding this cat to the pen when I had all but given up hope on it! ^

And yes, I voted for the new forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.