Search

New Forum Proposal: "I want to fly to X with miles"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
New Forum Proposal: "I want to fly to X with miles"

Help! As noted elsewhere the MilesBuzz forum and others are being overrun with people looking for advice on how to use their miles to fly on specific trips. This is quite contrary from the normal content that was previously posted regarding topics of interest to the entire community relating to Miles.

It is pretty clear these posts need to be weeded out as they are annoying many of us. While many (myself included) are happy to assist, I don't want to wade through them when I am looking for the latest mileage deals and related news.

So I would propose a sub-forum to MilesBuzz for Specific Trip Requests. The forum could also be used to clear out airline forums with similar requests.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I just went into MilesBuzz! before seeing this post. That place is over run with people wanting to get somewhere for free.

Helping is nice, but it's reaching a new low (or high, depending on your point of view).

I believe others that have pointed out that because it's at the top, that those posts will always end up there have a decent point. It might also be worth considering having MilesBuzz! in the sense of news moved down a spot and have booking help be on the top. The argument can also be made that by putting the help at the top it's asking for more of them to come.

As was with the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ree-forum.html thread, there is no clear answer, and even that debate continues to this day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.