Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Reconstructing FT to make it more of a social flagship?

Reconstructing FT to make it more of a social flagship?

Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jackal
.....The basic interface of the FlyerTalk iPhone app is not wholly horrible, but there are a few minor bugs that unfortunately make it impossible for me to use it with my browsing habits. Therefore, I haven't opened the app in several months and have little to say about it, other than that while I appreciate the folks at IB who bring us FT and I know they are doing the best they can with the resources they are given, stepping back a bit, I am a little underwhelmed at IB's responsiveness to address some of these (and other) issues......
I agree and my main "issue" is that there is no "sync" between the browser version of FT and the mobile app and no option to view first unread post in a thread (or even have the app default to viewing the first unread post) and it is a royal pita to scroll the numbers to get to the page of a thread where you want to see the first unread post.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by goalie
I agree and my main "issue" is that there is no "sync" between the browser version of FT and the mobile app and no option to view first unread post in a thread (or even have the app default to viewing the first unread post) and it is a royal pita to scroll the numbers to get to the page of a thread where you want to see the first unread post.
That is my #1 complaint about it, too.

Originally Posted by reft
Bugs aside, what do you see missing?
Busy in real life--let me get back to you on that in a bit.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:59 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jackal
Originally Posted by goalie
That is my #1 complaint about it, too....
And if "the other place" can have an app that does just that, why cant F/t?

And then to be greedy, I'd love to see the option of being able to log in to F/t with the e-mail one has on file with f/t for Talkmail, thread updates and member messages as for me, using various iPhone apps which do allow signing in with an e-mail address, it's a simple copy once and paste many option which I find quite useful

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.