Intermediate titles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intermediate titles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Markie
Personally I'd remove all titles rather than try and create new ones.
Agreed.

The only titles which mean anything to me are the ambassador/company rep/moderator/TB member titles. And of those, 'ambassador' actually to me means something more special because it was earned through helping the community and is recognition of their efforts (Rather than 'evangelist' etc which requires quantity, not quality)

The other ones are to me nothing, although I do wonder what the reward is for achieving them, sometimes!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by exbayern
Agreed.

The only titles which mean anything to me are the ambassador/company rep/moderator/TB member titles. And of those, 'ambassador' actually to me means something more special because it was earned through helping the community and is recognition of their efforts (Rather than 'evangelist' etc which requires quantity, not quality)

The other ones are to me nothing, although I do wonder what the reward is for achieving them, sometimes!
Im pretty sure there would be a clear majority for this by the members^
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sometimes us TB members wonder the same thing

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Sometimes us TB members wonder the same thing

Cheers.
Somewhere on the internet I suspect that there is a rumour that FT hands out FF miles for reaching 'evangelist' status. Sometimes I'm sure of it!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:25 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Personally I'd remove all titles rather than try and create new ones.
Originally Posted by travelkid
With all the post counting nonsense- in different forms throughout the years, get rid of them.

If they are meant to mean something we must either have better post couting rules, or make titles based on some kind of recognition maybe by mods group or something.
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I would prefer to see all non-appointed/elected titles removed.

I think they're the root of many of the issues we've seen regarding participation.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
+1 on the idea of removing the post count titles. If you are TB, CD, mod, admin or ambassador, you have the title, everyone else is 'just' a member. I would even eliminate the post count showing under the member name. It has no true value whatsoever. If anyone sees value in it, they can look it up in the member's profile.
Yup.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:33 pm

Somewhere on the internet I suspect that there is a rumour that FT hands out FF miles for reaching 'evangelist' status. Sometimes I'm sure of it!
Well I was thinking more of the (cough, cough) respect TB members get & the civility in which we get it at times & wondering about the rewards we get for running for TB in my prior post

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:37 pm

Ah, I thought that you were referring to the 100,000 FF miles FT hands out to posters once they reach Evangelist status. Apologies for misunderstanding!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:40 pm

Ah, I thought that you were referring to the 100,000 FF miles FT hands out to posters once they reach Evangelist status. Apologies for misunderstanding!
Drat - you mean I missed 100K FF miles?

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:58 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Why is it that I can't help but look at the title of this thread and immediately imagine it being a category on Saturday Night Live's Celebrity Jeopardy?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:08 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
How about this: no one should get a title but me. And mine should be: His Royal Coolness.

That's a motion if anyone wants to second it! ^
Old Feb 14, 2012, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
How about this: no one should get a title but me. And mine should be: His Royal Coolness.

That's a motion if anyone wants to second it! ^
Seconded - and now I'm off for the night, as it's late on this side of the pond.

Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
+1

Or, if we must, let users choose from the titles that Diamond Club offers when signing up: https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loy...mond-club.aspx

I think FlyerTalk Viscount has a nice ring.
Nah, Air India has better titles.

FlyerTalk Lion is where it's at.

https://ffai.loyaltyplus.aero/loyalt...t=FFAI&lang=en
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I find it ironic that some of the people here that advocate the elimination of non appointed and non elected titles themselves have appointed and elected titles.
I did say all titles should be eliminated.

Originally Posted by RichMSN
Sorry, no interest in that. I'm wearing my flame-retardant undies, but the chances of me proposing or voting for eliminating titles is zero. Perhaps 6 members of the TB will take up this cause, though.
Disappointing, even if the community want it!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I did say all titles should be eliminated.

Disappointing, even if the community want it!
On issues where I have no strong feeling, I'll use the feedback. But in situations where I have strong feelings, I'm more likely to go with those.

And it's not the community that feels that way, it's a couple of posters. Big difference.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Over at German VFT.de you can pick your own title when you reach 250 posts Mine is 'Indernett Flyertalker' with reference to this cartoon:

http://fsinfo.noone.org/dev/null/inder.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.