Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Question: Does Toronto really need it's own Sub-Forum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Does Toronto really need it's own Sub-Forum?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Sorry, I've been travelling. I'm fine with this.

Simon
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Same here, no issues.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:32 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I think that there should be some sort of sticky/link to the Toronto subforum from the AC forum as part of the problem is that the questions tend to get asked within an existing thread in the AC forum where it gets more hits and is therefore more likely to get more answers.

Also, after scrolling down the list past China and a few other geographical areas, one does assume that Canada is not listed...so +1 on making the listings alphabetical.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by tcl
I think that there should be some sort of sticky/link to the Toronto subforum from the AC forum as part of the problem is that the questions tend to get asked within an existing thread in the AC forum where it gets more hits and is therefore more likely to get more answers.
I disagree. The forums are and should continue to be separate.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:30 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
As I noted last October, Toronto was one of the forums that have a weak post rate. If users are OK with merging it, that's probably the right move.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PunishedEdmontonian
Close the 49th Parallel so that YYZ joins the U.S.!(Inside joke for Canadians!)

While you're at it, why aren't the Cities/Regions/Countries alphabetical in the listing?
Some talk that Canada would become the next US state.. Include Mexico in the plan, the US would be able to take advantage of cheap resources and labor.. meaning the end for AC and Toronto as the center of the universe as we know it..

Too bad about the Toronto forum.. I was going to gather some info, as we're stopping over in TO on our way back to YYC from LHR this summer.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Too bad about the Toronto forum.. I was going to gather some info, as we're stopping over in TO on our way back to YYC from LHR this summer.
Nothing preventing you from asking for info in the Canada forum.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Nothing preventing you from asking for info in the Canada forum.
True.. and I was thinking that I could do that anyways.. but as much as I don't want to have a Toronto forum.. it would actually be useful to have all relevant Toronto topics organized in one place.. searching the key words, would have all sort of unrelated topics pop up..

I've been to Toronto a number of times as a single.. but never to Toronto married with kids.. plus I never did any sightseeing.. My wife asked me what I did when I was in Toronto, and mainly I was at religious conferences near the airport the 4 times I've visited there..
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
True.. and I was thinking that I could do that anyways.. but as much as I don't want to have a Toronto forum.. it would actually be useful to have all relevant Toronto topics organized in one place.. searching the key words, would have all sort of unrelated topics pop up..

I've been to Toronto a number of times as a single.. but never to Toronto married with kids.. plus I never did any sightseeing.. My wife asked me what I did when I was in Toronto, and mainly I was at religious conferences near the airport the 4 times I've visited there..
I am sure it Toronto or YYZ is in the title it will get noticed.

BTW - There are two very good SingMa restaurants in GTA now.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tentseller
I am sure it Toronto or YYZ is in the title it will get noticed.

BTW - There are two very good SingMa restaurants in GTA now.
I shall cope.. plus there are other resources which I use to supplement research..
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:35 pm

as much as I don't want to have a Toronto forum.. it would actually be useful to have all relevant Toronto topics organized in one place..
That reads like one massive contradiction. How can you not want the forum while wanting a useful YYZ forum?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:36 pm
Suspended

That reads like one massive contradiction. How can you not want the forum while wanting a useful YYZ forum?
In theory and practice, is different.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Would the 2 of you take your on-going conversations to anotherthread....
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Would the 2 of you take your on-going conversations to anotherthread....
Ahhh, the famous battle of AB! We are following with interest from YYZ.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:28 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Don't worry, there should be another thread coming along aaaaaaaannnnyyyyy minute now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.