Motion Passed: Non-counting of Posts in a Games Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Passed: Non-counting of Posts in a Games Forum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BadTime
Oh oh, now OMNI and OMNI/PR will be flooding OMNI/Games with the meaningless off topic posts. The horror...
Oh, the horror!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Motion Passed: Non-counting of Posts in a Games forum

On January 19, 2012, the Talkboard passed 7-2:

"If the Community Director creates a Games forum, the TalkBoard recommends that posts made in the Games forum be excluded from a member's post count"

Voting yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, goalie, jackal, nsx, RichMsn, Spiff
Voting no: kokonutz, SkiAdcock
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I've just PMed Carol and she's in the process of liaising with IB to correct the current issue. More later.
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Posts are counting in the new OMNI/Games forum and not counting in OMNI and OMNI/PR.
Meaning our CD can still make her own dictatorship decisions to either accept or reject TB's advisory motions?

I sincerely hope IB doesn't have as many technical hiccups from now on. <fingers crossed>

Last edited by lin821; Feb 1, 2012 at 7:29 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
On January 19, 2012, the Talkboard passed 7-2:

"If the Community Director creates a Games forum, the TalkBoard recommends that posts made in the Games forum be excluded from a member's post count"

Voting yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, goalie, jackal, nsx, RichMsn, Spiff
Voting no: kokonutz, SkiAdcock
Perhaps, can we have reconsider to reactivated the post count in Games Forum again? I don't like it to losing the post count from 23,152 posts. Why? Those members who had it rigihts to kept current the post count in Games forum and etc. There is no reason to take it away the post count. They have to trusted them to kept currently the post count and there is no way to losing the post count.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Perhaps, can we have reconsider to reactivated the post count in Games Forum again? I don't like it to losing the post count from 23,152 posts. Why? Those members who had it rigihts to kept current the post count in Games forum and etc. There is no reason to take it away the post count. They have to trusted them to kept currently the post count and there is no way to losing the post count.
I'm a bit confused on what you're asking.

First, Omni Games forum was only created a few days ago, and it was voted at the same time that posts in Omni Games would not count towards post totals.

De to a 'glitch', for about 12-24 hours, Omni Game posts counted while Omni post did not. That glitch was corrected.

No one 'lost' posts (unless by chance the Omni game posts for those 12-24 hours were redacted, but not enough to make a dif & others report their count increased).

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

No one 'lost' posts (unless by chance the Omni game posts for those 12-24 hours were redacted, but not enough to make a dif & others report their count increased).

Cheers.
I think this is incorrect. When Omni posts were not being counted, if a thread was moved into Omni the posts already in that thread lost their count.

It is most likely true that any posts made in threads moved from Omni to the Games thread will also not be counted (even if they previously had been).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
I think this is incorrect. When Omni posts were not being counted, if a thread was moved into Omni the posts already in that thread lost their count.

It is most likely true that any posts made in threads moved from Omni to the Games thread will also not be counted (even if they previously had been).
Ah; thanks for the correction. But we're not talking a gazillion posts given the shortness of glitch getting corrected timeframe, are we?

Cheers.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:53 am

Ah; thanks for the correction. But we're not talking a gazillion posts given the shortness of glitch getting corrected timeframe, are we?

Cheers.
It could be quite a view posts that are gotten rid of. Assume, for a moment, that the "Who will be the next..." thread is moved to the Games Forum. As of this moment, the top poster in that thread would lose 95 posts. By the end of the quarter, when the thread is taken down and started over, it would be quite a bit more.

Frankly, it does not bother me in the least but I do want to set the record straight on how it works.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:21 am

So see everyone back next month?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BadTime
So see everyone back next month?
Do you mean your foresight is 20/20?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Call me confused. During the last week, I saw my post count move from roughly 3,800 to 4,100 and now I'm at 3,200. Is this based on all the games I played years ago. Any ideas?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeves
Call me confused. During the last week, I saw my post count move from roughly 3,800 to 4,100 and now I'm at 3,200. Is this based on all the games I played years ago. Any ideas?
If the games you played were moved into the Games Forum then, yes, you lost the posts that were in them.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:22 pm

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...decreased.html for some discussion about post counts changing.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...decreased.html for some discussion about post counts changing.
Thanks for directing me to the other thread. HaHa, I'm now down a few hundred more posts.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:50 pm

Thanks for directing me to the other thread. HaHa, I'm now down a few hundred more posts.
I'm down about 2,000 or so, I think. Eh, oh, well... It's not like the difference between 12,000 and 14,000 does anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.