Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Passed - Posts Count in All FT Forums

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
For those who already thought that posts posted in all FT forums, that is not the case. Currently Omni, Omni PR & Coupon Connection are excluded from post counts. This motion changes that and means post counts would then be consistent across all FT forums.

Cheers.
Wow, I didn't realize this until you just posted it.

I'm all in favor of making every post count.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Upon further thought, I take back the games/contests not counting.

I think they need a place besides Omni if they start cluttering it up again.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
They were a massive problem. The change of rules solved the problem over night.

And now you want to change the rules back without doing anything except adopt a wait and see solution to the problem which existed previously.

How can you guarantee you'll be able to establish a new forum - have you confirmed there is sufficient support on TB to be making promises like that?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:16 pm

Can you explain how it was a massive problem? I think that's rather overstating it. Further, with OMNI being split I think that further alleviates your concern.

Count everything.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
For those who already thought that posts posted in all FT forums, that is not the case. Currently Omni, Omni PR & Coupon Connection are excluded from post counts. This motion changes that and means post counts would then be consistent across all FT forums.

Cheers.
Is this retroactive, or just going forward?

FWIW, I hope TB votes against this motion. There's absolutely no reason to include OMNI posts in the count. If we're going to count posts (I think we should stop, by the way), make sure they relate to the core of FT - travel.

I understand that some folks will argue from a standpoint of consistency, but post counts should reflect the true mission of FT. It's bad enough that lounge threads count and that we're already playing by two sets of rules. Let's not make post counts even more meaningless.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dchristiva

FWIW, I hope TB votes against this motion. There's absolutely no reason to include OMNI posts in the count. If we're going to count posts (I think we should stop, by the way), make sure they relate to the core of FT - travel.

I understand that some folks will argue from a standpoint of consistency, but post counts should reflect the true mission of FT. It's bad enough that lounge threads count and that we're already playing by two sets of rules. Let's not make post counts even more meaningless.
I totally agree with dchristiva. If it does not relate to travel, it should not count.

Delta747
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by kokonutz
As opposed worthless 'fly with me' contest posts, Good Morning Box/Lounge posts, etc!?
I disagree with that blanket statement pertaining to Lounge threads.

Yes, there is off-topic content posted to Lounge threads, as that is one of the purposes of them.

However, the reason why the Lounge thread in the Delta SkyMiles forum is called The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! is to allow those who are not sure as to where to post a question or seek information on-topic to the forum to do so without fear of being vilified — especially new FlyerTalk members...

...and here is but one of a number of examples of that purpose. Please keep reading once you click on that link, as another example immediately follows the one I have chosen...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Are we serious here? Talk about deja vu all over again. What is the point of this thread -- and this motion -- given the prior and quite recent discussions? There is absolultely nothing new to be said that hasn't been said literally ad nauseaum on the other refrenced threads. With all due respect, if this is what the newly elected TB members feel is so worthy of rediscussion, then TB has some real priority problems.

Needless to say, I believe counting OMNI etc. will simply explode any residual meaning post counts might possibly have, but it's clear the partisans of the other side will not rest until their will is imposed over the majority.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Jenbel
They were a massive problem. The change of rules solved the problem over night.

And now you want to change the rules back without doing anything except adopt a wait and see solution to the problem which existed previously.

How can you guarantee you'll be able to establish a new forum - have you confirmed there is sufficient support on TB to be making promises like that?
I was a prolific OMNI poster back then and I do not feel it was a huge problem.

If it becomes a problem, IMO, I will gladly support a new forum. I only speak for myself. Of course, those posts will have to count in post totals since every post across FT will count if this passes. @:-)
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
I been away for almost a month and I'm glad to see this motion come to life again after the previous one didn't pass. Hopefully with new TB members we will get a different outcome and one that’s consistent with the rest of the forum..
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by as219
Are we serious here? Talk about deja vu all over again. What is the point of this thread -- and this motion -- given the prior and quite recent discussions? There is absolultely nothing new to be said that hasn't been said literally ad nauseaum on the other refrenced threads. With all due respect, if this is what the newly elected TB members feel is so worthy of rediscussion, then TB has some real priority problems.

Needless to say, I believe counting OMNI etc. will simply explode any residual meaning post counts might possibly have, but it's clear the partisans of the other side will not rest until their will is imposed over the majority.
Elections have consequences. It was clear during the campaign that I supported this, so if the majority was against it, I wouldn't have won election.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this retroactive, or just going forward
All posts everywhere on FT count in the post totals. To me, that means all posts. Everywhere.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
I would think its going forward? Can you even retroactively count all the posts?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ewrfox
Can you even retroactively count all the posts?
No, you cannot.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, it's a good thing that my proposal didn't address that directly then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.