Reload this Page >

Motion Passed - Posts Count in All FT Forums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Passed - Posts Count in All FT Forums

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
They counted for about a day when there was a technical glitch IIRC. They weren't supposed to count. Not much grandfathering to be done.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by stimpy
Game thread posts should NEVER be counted nor grandfathered.
My post count shot up to over 11,000 for a day or two and then IIRC dropped back below the original count. I believe I had around 8500 and as of this writing I'm around 7000. What's funny is that I don't recall playing any other game at any length other than the People Association thread in OMNI and I suppose I could have made 3000 entries there. At the moment I have no idea why my post count dropped. I wasn't so obsessive about it as to keep stats or take screen shots, but was aware of being in proximity of 10,000 posts.

Are there other forums that formerly count but no longer do? I very rarely visited OMNI otherwise, and was long aware (correctly?) that OMNI posts didn't count. For example, I used to contribute quite a bit to Newsstand before the rules were changed. It would be interesting to know. If I'm right, a drop of 1500 posts from my original post count is a significant difference that I can't explain.

I suppose I shouldn't be embarrassed asking since TB felt it was an issue worth a motion, vote, and subsequent changes of post counts.

In closing, this does seem ironic, when so much FT discussion is geared toward calculating and maximizing points, and holding airlines and hotel chains accountable for their calculations, e.g. the post-merger mileage "bump-ups" for UA and CO customers.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Fredd
In closing, this does seem ironic, when so much FT discussion is geared toward calculating and maximizing points, and holding airlines and hotel chains accountable for their calculations, e.g. the post-merger mileage "bump-ups" for UA and CO customers.
True, but I would note that you don't earn air miles when you take reward flights. Nor should your "earn" a flyertalk post when you engage in game posts.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
True, but I would note that you don't earn air miles when you take reward flights. Nor should your "earn" a flyertalk post when you engage in game posts.
Quite (although I do earn "stay" credit for some hotel chain award stays). I'm not at all debating that issue. I'd thought that was the way it always was and it made sense that a multitude of one-word replies in the People Association thread, for example, wouldn't reflect a poster's contributions to FT, which I assume is one of the rationales for displaying them.

My question is why my original post count seems to have dropped rather significantly.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:43 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
But I earned those points when they still counted.
I want to file a claim. I should get my post count increased due to previous rules.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by jason8612
But I earned those points when they still counted.
I want to file a claim. I should get my post count increased due to previous rules.
If you do file a claim, please state that I'd love to ""donate" my 600+ overnight gifted posts to you to strengthen your case and get back your "FT status." That would be a win-win for both of us!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by lin821
If you do file a claim, please state that I'd love to ""donate" my 600+ overnight gifted posts to you to strengthen your case and get back your "FT status." That would be a win-win for both of us!
This cries out for a CC sub-section.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:06 am

Want: 166 posts. Have: Karma
Old Feb 17, 2012, 3:15 am

Do we need another motion from TBers on this?

Deal! I LOVE karma.

How do we proceed?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:09 am

Do we need another motion from TBers on this?

Deal! I LOVE karma.

How do we proceed?
I don't know. Might need some mod help
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I might be willing to go as high as 40,000 posts if Karma is blonde, beautiful, and has very bad taste in men.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A lot of credit card program reward flights do earn air miles. Also, there have been and still remain ways to earn miles from airline program mileage tickets.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Dovster

I might be willing to go as high as 40,000 posts if Karma is blonde, beautiful, and has very bad taste in men.
Dov, I am afraid you may have to do another trade and get yourself the Aladdin's Lamp before you can get Karma.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:28 am

Dov, I am afraid you may have to do another trade and get yourself the Aladdin's Lamp before you can get Karma.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster

I don't know. I've heard that Karma can be a be-otch!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Skyman65
I don't know. I've heard that Karma can be a be-otch!
Around the corner from what was then the (older) Hilton hotel in São Paulo (Brazil), there used to be a billboard that had a Karma advertising services as just that: "blonde, beautiful" with double the equipment or something like that. Sounded like a she-male.

Should this post go in this thread, in some stale Hilton thread or in OMNI? Either way the post counts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.