FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   2011 Election Results (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/1285605-2011-election-results.html)

SanDiego1K Nov 29, 2011 4:41 am

2011 Election Results

The 2011 Elections have just concluded.

Joining the board in order of votes:
  1. goalie - 696
  2. kokonutz - 560
  3. nsx - 538
  4. jackal - 419
  5. RichMSN - 408

The next five votegetters are:
  1. CMK10 - 360
  2. Ancien Maestro - 318
  3. NH30MH - 236
  4. kipper - 215
  5. belfordrocks - 143

Other candidates are welcome to contact me for their vote totals.

Continuing Talkboard members are:

bhatnasx
cholula
SkiAdcock
Spiff

Thanks to all for a good campaign.

belfordrocks Nov 29, 2011 4:53 am

Congrats to all the successful applicants especially the new TalkBoard members- I'm sure you will serve us well. :)

RichMSN Nov 29, 2011 5:36 am

I woke up this morning to a pleasant surprise. I think this is the fourth or fifth time I've stood for TalkBoard and I'm very pleased that I'll have the opportunity to serve the community for the next two years.

Congratulations to the others who were elected. Thanks to the rest who stood for election -- please consider running next year -- persistence worked for me.

Finally, thanks to those who voted for me. I'll spend my term doing my best to make sure you don't regret your vote. :D

kokonutz Nov 29, 2011 6:26 am

Okey dokey. Just remember that elections have concequences.

Here we go!

RichMSN Nov 29, 2011 6:32 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 17532512)
Okey dokey. Just remember that elections have concequences.

Here we go!

I feel like I've fallen into a Bud Light commercial. ;)

tcook052 Nov 29, 2011 6:36 am

^ Congrats to all elected TB members!

Mary2e Nov 29, 2011 6:39 am

Yay!!! For once, I voted for most of the winners ^^

Congratulations!!!!

dchristiva Nov 29, 2011 7:11 am

Congratulations to those who won, and job well-done to those who campaigned.

jackal Nov 29, 2011 7:34 am

Congratulations to all who ran! You really do represent the best of FlyerTalk. I'm sorry that I won't be serving with some of you and wish you the best of luck next time.

I am looking forward to what promises to be a fruitful and likely interesting TalkBoard term. :cool:

Jinxy Nov 29, 2011 7:39 am

Well done to everyone...was a pleasure reading so many different points of views...

Just a little disappointed (and correct me if I'm wrong) but it would have been good to have least a couple of members represented from all corners of the world, not just US based.

Sweet Willie Nov 29, 2011 7:50 am

Originally Posted by dchristiva (Post 17532743)
Congratulations to those who won, and job well-done to those who campaigned.

Originally Posted by Jinxy (Post 17532926)
...but it would have been good to have least a couple of members represented from all corners of the world, not just US based.

AGREED to each statement

kipper Nov 29, 2011 7:53 am

Congrats to those who won, and it was great to have opinions expressed by each candidate.

bhatnasx Nov 29, 2011 7:55 am

Welcome to the newbies! :)

goalie Nov 29, 2011 8:00 am

To all the candidates-

While numerically there are both winners and those who did not win, I congratulate all of you as simply put, you chose to run to make Flyertalk an even better place than it is now that makes you all winners in my book ^

As for me, I am both humbled and honored and I thank all of those who voted for me ^ :)

Jenbel Nov 29, 2011 8:20 am

Congratulations to all those involved. I like the look of the new TB - an interesting cross section of opinion and experience and viewpoints represented there, but at the same time, with hopefully the ability to work together - even when you disagree - and listen to us.

But yes, would be nice to have one non-US voice on the board to remind the others that it should not be assumed that US methods are the only ones ;)