Proposal: Aegean Airlines Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: Aegean Airlines Forum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
A little bit of surprise at the Air Canada forum, where members are getting used to Air Canada being second on the list.
Similarly, I am getting used to the Airlines of India forum NOT being second, so in the last few days, I've ended up in the AC forum many times.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
We are talking about an airline with 32 or so aircrafts in the weakest economy Western Europe has to offer, aren't we?. Close to nobody here would really be interested in this carrier if not their FFP would follow the same strategy Greek economy followed and guided us into the crisis: Give everything away for free and find somebody to pay for it. One thread on "how to get gold" is certainly enough.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The airline makes money when miles from partner flights are credited to its program. Most Star Alliance Gold benefits come at no direct or deferred cost to the airline; and a main benefit that may have some direct cost from Star Gold use generally comes in at a fraction of the cost the airline gets from the miles paid for by partner airlines whose flights are credited to the airline's program member account.

I'd be more concerned about A3 being pushed around or under by Star Alliance's European big brother than I would about A3 being just fine (or better) absent some mythical costs from A3 Star Golds flying (mostly and/or exclusively) on A3 partner airlines.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
We are talking about an airline with 32 or so aircrafts in the weakest economy Western Europe has to offer, aren't we?. Close to nobody here would really be interested in this carrier if not their FFP would follow the same strategy Greek economy followed and guided us into the crisis: Give everything away for free and find somebody to pay for it. One thread on "how to get gold" is certainly enough.
So far, I'd say the forum (which has already passed btw) has been a success...
Or at least it hasn't been the failure that people predicted earlier in the thread...
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by potakas
Old Dec 8, 2011, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Now that's a informative post!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...les-bonus-694/

That is why this thread hadn't been posted to since November 27 and why everyone is confused at your statements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.