Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Passed: Create Iberia Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Couldn't welcome this forum more!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
A good idea!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Surely its only a matter of time before BA and IB get around to merging their FFPs given they are the same airline. We already have a BAEC forum. Can't see any point in adding an IB forum now.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:21 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I vote for Iberia forum.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Pass, HHonors, Alamo Insider, Starwood Preferred Gold
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I vote for Iberia forum.
+ 1 for Iberia forum..
Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by lhr baby
Surely its only a matter of time before BA and IB get around to merging their FFPs given they are the same airline. We already have a BAEC forum. Can't see any point in adding an IB forum now.
As confirmed in IAG's Quarter One 2011 presentation (06 May 2011), IAG's three FFP brands (Air Miles, Executive Club and Iberia Plus) will not be merged. However the programmes will be harmonised; systems and processes integrated behind the scenes.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...esentation.pdf
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
As the moderator of the forum where IB currently resides I really can't see this as being necessary. The volume of threads is nearly nil, maybe two a month, and we seldom have more than a couple of posts each week.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by alanw
As the moderator of the forum where IB currently resides I really can't see this as being necessary. The volume of threads is nearly nil, maybe two a month, and we seldom have more than a couple of posts each week.
That doesn't take into account the volume of IB threads started in the BA forum.

And I can also tell you that once LY got a dedicated thread, as opposed to being relegated to the "Other Middle East Programs," it started to see more volume.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
I also vote for an Iberia forum, about time!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
As confirmed in IAG's Quarter One 2011 presentation (06 May 2011), IAG's three FFP brands (Air Miles, Executive Club and Iberia Plus) will not be merged. However the programmes will be harmonised; systems and processes integrated behind the scenes.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_...esentation.pdf
What is Air Miles?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I vote yes. Although it doesn't affect me either way, IB appears to be a major OW and European airline, and should have had a forum long ago.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by alanw
That is a depressing statistic given IB carries over 20 million passengers per annum (2009 figures), serving over 100 destinations across 39 countries.

Considering FT is now its 13th year, these stats suggest a failing on FT's part to attract and capture the attention of loyal IB flyers. On the positive side, as stated by others up thread since the creation of the EL AL and Finnair forums, a knowledge-base has since rooted itself in these respective forums to the benefit of the entire community. Hopefully, the creation of an IB forum will act as a similar catalyst for growth.

I am hoping our Talkboard are able take a proactive approach with this proposal.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by joshwex90
What is Air Miles?
It's a UK based loyalty programme which you (bizarrely) don't get from flying on planes, but from spending money with selected retailers, but can redeem for flights. It's not great.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jenbel
It's a UK based loyalty programme which you (bizarrely) don't get from flying on planes, but from spending money with selected retailers, but can redeem for flights. It's not great.
And it's run by BA?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Post Only 9 TBers Can Vote

I don't know why certain General Members who speak up in this motion thread "think" they are casting any vote.

Originally Posted by jfkeze
so I'll add my vote,
Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
Agree on voting yes for an IB forum
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I vote for Iberia forum.
Originally Posted by m_abbott
+ 1 for Iberia forum..
Originally Posted by rubbernyc
I also vote for an Iberia forum, about time!
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I vote yes.
Unless you are a TBer, you CANNOT vote on any TB motion.

I only wish there were more FTers who'd do their best to get familiar with how TalkBoard works. There's a sticky thread about TB voting already.

Please allow me to borrow an old post from another TB motion thread with highlights:

Originally Posted by lin821
...because you can't vote on TB motions.

I think you are confused about the process and how TB works. Only TBers vote and there are only 9 (valid) votes.

Being FTers, we speak up so TBers can listen, or choose not to.

Oh, the only thing we FTers get to vote on is the TB elections in every November. Don't forget to cast your votes for TB candidates later this year.
Just want to make sure we are on the same and correct page here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.