Search

Suggestion: Addition to the Special Interest Travel Section

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Suggestion: Addition to the Special Interest Travel Section

Hello Everyone:

I would like to suggest that we add a forum to the Special Interest Travel section that focuses on College Students. Being one that travels frequently for work, I would like to maximize the rewards I get for my efforts. I would really enjoy an area where we could discuss things like credit cards for those of us who have never had one before. I am not sure if the SIT section is the best, and I am open to any feedback you guys have.

Thank you,
Matt
Old May 7, 2011, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Several years ago there was a suggestion for a youth travel forum. It was eventually expanded to be a budget travel forum and was passed by TalkBoard.

That forum is the place to go for information about the kind of travel that many college students enjoy (youth hostels, LCCs, discounts for presenting a student ID card, backpacking, etc).
Old May 7, 2011, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Indeed; Budget Travel is one of the forums I drop in on occasionally. I'd suggest checking it out.
Old May 7, 2011, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Thanks for the info guys. I can't say that thread is exactly what I was thinking of, but I guess it will do.
Old May 8, 2011, 3:33 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by matthoyle
I would really enjoy an area where we could discuss things like credit cards for those of us who have never had one before.
For that, you should visit Other Credit Card Programs Forum. There are some good threads w/r/t strategies to building credit history and worthiness for young college students. I know I'd given a few suggestions in those threads years back.

Spend some time on FT and poke around the different fora so you'll get used to the structures and organizations of FT. After doing so, if you think there's some area FT should expand and possibly have a (sub)forum for it, you should take a look at this sticky thread, "What is the TalkBoard and How are New Forums and Other Suggestions Considered?", and follow the guidelines to write up your proposal/suggestion so the TalkBoard can have a chance to consider your idea.

Welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.