Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Passed: Public Notice Procedures

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
May this be the start of more and more inclusion.

If IB delivers on putting up the notice long before the vote on allowing images in the OMNI forums is concluded, the irony will be that it will be providing notice to FTers about a forum which excludes the great majority of FTers.
Old May 24, 2011, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gotta say...I'm a little disappointed in "management's" inability to get an announcement on the pending OMNI vote out there. If they don't want to accept the recommendation, then that's fine. But something should be said either way, IMHO.
Old May 24, 2011, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Gotta say...I'm a little disappointed in "management's" inability to get an announcement on the pending OMNI vote out there. If they don't want to accept the recommendation, then that's fine. But something should be said either way, IMHO.
Wow - a bit surprised you'd say that. We've had other instances where things need to be posted & it's taken 24 hours or more to get it done. We still have 13 days left.

And from what I can tell IB isn't trying to 'prevent' something like this from happening. If they were, they could have said point blank no & then the vote on public notice happening wouldn't have occurred at all. So a bit of to you as well. Just sayin...

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2011, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Seems IB didn't get a heads up re: the vote & notice, so it will be taken care of shortly, presumably during working hours tomorrow.

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2011, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is what it is...If Spiff or nsx had time to post a vote & start the public notification thread, I would have imagined that they would have had time to send a note to have an announcement made. In your post earlier in this thread, you stated that it was your understanding that notification was made - if it was made during the business day, which it seemed it was in your earlier post, I would imagine that someone with the authority to make a site-wide announcement would have made it. I realize it's a new process, and maybe my expectations are too high, but my thought is that if we, as the TB, say we're going to do something, that the leadership of the TB do it in a timely manner. I'll lower my expecatations next time I guess.
Old May 24, 2011, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I realize it's a new process, and maybe my expectations are too high, but my thought is that if we, as the TB, say we're going to do something, that the leadership of the TB do it in a timely manner. I'll lower my expecatations next time I guess.
I move that Spiff and nsx's salaries be cut in half!

Not only are we all only human, we're also all only unpaid volunteers dealing with a new process that's never been done before. It's not unreasonable to not expect perfection. :wink:
Old May 25, 2011, 2:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
So a bit of to you as well. Just sayin...

Cheers.
Is such personalization necessary? I can understand not agreeing with the content of someone's post or an action but to an individual seems a bit gratuitous to say the least.

From the rest of your post, interesting content. So if a TB proposal is diapproved by IB, then the TB proposal won't get a vote?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.