Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Spamming of FT members on FB for self-promotion

Spamming of FT members on FB for self-promotion

Old May 6, 2011, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by kokonutz
All I have to say is I am impressed with fast and direct response by the CD and IB.
Agree 1000%!!!
Old May 6, 2011, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I would respectfully suggest that the poster be disqualified from this contest. @:-)

dh
Old May 7, 2011, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I would respectfully suggest that the poster be disqualified from this contest. @:-)

dh
Moi aussi.......^
Old May 7, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Which contest rule(s) have been broken?
Old May 7, 2011, 3:27 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by boxo
Which contest rule(s) have been broken?
Could this be it--Abuse of Private Messaging and FT E-mails? But it only applies to use PMs on FT.
Old May 7, 2011, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by techgirl
Originally Posted by kokonutz
All I have to say is I am impressed with fast and direct response by the CD and IB.

Thanks! ^
Agree 1000%!!!
And I'll make it 1001% ^
Old May 8, 2011, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IBobi
Hi again,

This "official"/unofficial confusion may result more from an understanding of how Facebook groups work than by the way this member is using them.

Anyone who belongs to a FB group can send out a message which will be received by all members of that group. This is a function of Facebook that is unrelated to FT or the flyertalk.com FB group. It's the way their defaults are set up on Facebook, and you must specifically change your settings if you wish the site to function differently for you. Just because you receive a message from a group member, doesn't mean there's anything official about it; it's just a regular member's privilege to message the other members.

As to the logo, I believe that any message coming to you from a group that you belong to comes with the logo of that group; if you decided to send a message out to the group, the same FT logo would appear. If you actually open his message, you will see that he has his own personal photo as his profile picture.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion; if not, please let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Thank you!

Paul O'Brien
Community Manager
FlyerTalk
Thanks for answering this...and from this answer it must be assumed that no action will be taken towards this "member"? And as such the use of the Flyertalk logo on communications NOT from Flyertalk is OK by Internetbrands?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.