Reload this Page >

Proposal: Rename Radisson goldpoints plus forum as Club Carlson

Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:39 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC

As of today the Radisson goldpoints plus program has been replaced by Carlson's new loyaltry program called Club Carlson. It is only logical to rename the forum as well, don't you think so?

More info can be found in this press release: CLICK

Last edited by thomas199023; Mar 31, 2011 at 4:29 am Reason: Spell error
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:10 am
Suspended

Agreed +1
Old Mar 31, 2011, 5:20 am

It may be better to start a new forum for Club Carlson and to close the Goldpoints Plus forum?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 6:53 am
Original Poster

I would think not. As there are a lot of reviews of the Carlson properties in the forum and they would go missing if creating a new forum. Also a lot of the benifits of the programm remained the same, like the 4for2 and the 2for1 promos, there still is a lot of info to be found on those in the excising forum.

Or a moderater should go through the whole forum and sort everything out and copy it to the new forum. I would say that it would be less hassle when just renaming the forum?

I am not sure how this happend in the past when a new program was created?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by thomas199023
I would think not. As there are a lot of reviews of the Carlson properties in the forum and they would go missing if creating a new forum. Also a lot of the benifits of the programm remained the same, like the 4for2 and the 2for1 promos, there still is a lot of info to be found on those in the excising forum.

Or a moderater should go through the whole forum and sort everything out and copy it to the new forum. I would say that it would be less hassle when just renaming the forum?

I am not sure how this happend in the past when a new program was created?
It's occured in the past and the forum name was updated as a result:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/town-...iprewards.html

I too think its wrong to start a whole new forum with no reference to the past program as the new has been built on the old so it's more of a name change than a wholly new program started from scratch.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:29 am
Original Poster

I think it would be best to follow the Wyndham example.

"that the Radisson Goldpoints Plus forum be renamed Club Carlson (formerly Radisson Goldpoints Plus) for a period of 1 year, after which time, it'll be renamed Club Carlson."

Now should the Radisson name remain in it? I am not even sure why it was in it. It is a name of only one of the brands within the program.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Although I think I signed up for a Goldpoints card once (they were a partner of Thrifty before Thrifty instituted its own in-house Blue Chip program), I haven't paid attention to this program since probably 2003 or so.

However, upon a brief review of the situation, it seems like it's a purely administrative decision/task to me and is therefore logical. I'm happy to make a motion to this effect (following the example of Wyndham). Any objections by anyone before I do so?

I've also added a post in the Radisson goldpoints plus forum alerting people to the existence of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radis...lus-forum.html
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:07 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Support the name change
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:50 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jackal
...seems like it's a purely administrative decision/task....
Indeed. This is the sort of thing that ought to need no huge process, deliberation, debate, voting, etc., etc. Just have FT admin change it as used to happen in the past when minor clerical matters were involved.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Agreed, change name and flag the previous title to help signpost the change. Makes sense to name the thread after the loyalty programme.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Why can't the moderators just do this? They went ahead and re-named the CO and UA forums.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Why can't the moderators just do this? They went ahead and re-named the CO and UA forums.
Moderators do not have the ability to rename forums. That permission is granted solely to the forum administration (either to the Community Director or the Internet Brands representatives who administer the forum; I'm not sure who specifically handles the technical aspect of renaming forums).

In the case of the United and Continental forums, the moderators there worked directly with the Community Director to implement the change.

If you would like to fast-track this as a no-brainer idea, you are welcome to contact the Community Director directly.

That said, the FlyerTalk guidelines require that an idea be allowed 48 hours of consideration and discussion before it is allowed to be made into an official motion. That time period has elapsed, and I have now moved that the proposal be brought before the TalkBoard. Most of the TalkBoard is likely sound asleep right now, but I would expect the motion to be seconded sometime in the morning and subsequently voted on over the next several days.

The TalkBoard has no method of fast-tracking what some consider to be purely administrative procedures, so you'll have to wait until all nine TalkBoard members vote or two weeks from the time the vote was posted for the change to be enacted (assuming it passes). And that may not be a bad thing, because what one member may consider to be a purely administrative process might be considered by others to be contentious or worth discussing.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze; Hyatt GP; Radisson; etc...
I agree with the name change proposal.

There is a lot of relevant content in the current forum. It would be good to do a bit of housekeeping around removing content that is no longer relevant e.g. Regent related, however, this would be a significant overhead for the mods.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Indeed. This is the sort of thing that ought to need no huge process, deliberation, debate, voting, etc., etc. Just have FT admin change it as used to happen in the past when minor clerical matters were involved.
I agree. I don't see why there would need to be a debate about this. It seems like a very reasonable decision.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:51 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Motion Passed: Rename Radisson goldpoints plus to Club Carlson

On 19 April 2011, the TalkBoard passed 6-0-0:

Moved by jackal and seconded by Markie:
The TalkBoard recommends that the Radisson goldpoints plus forum be renamed "Club Carlson (formerly Radisson goldpoints plus)" for a period of one year, after which it be renamed "Club Carlson".
Perhaps a secret ballot was inadvertently selected for this vote, because no list of the voters is available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.