Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Is there an immigration-related section on FT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:14 am
Original Poster

I do not seem to find a forum section that would deal with immigration, visas, passports, border crossings, etc. issues. People seem to ask these type of questions either in TravelBuzz or Safety and Security sections. I am really interested in visas and passport-control issues but have no interest in reading millions of TSA-bashing posts. Maybe there is such a forum section and I just missed it? If no, maybe it is worth creating it. After all, these issues are extremely relevant to flying.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by König
I do not seem to find a forum section that would deal with immigration, visas, passports, border crossings, etc. issues. People seem to ask these type of questions either in TravelBuzz or Safety and Security sections. I am really interested in visas and passport-control issues but have no interest in reading millions of TSA-bashing posts. Maybe there is such a forum section and I just missed it? If no, maybe it is worth creating it. After all, these issues are extremely relevant to flying.
Usually people will post in TravelBuzz or the related region (ie, Brazil, Canada, UK) forums for answers to those questions.

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:42 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Unfortunately a lot of immigration/customs threads get buried beneath the fetid heap of hate that is Travel Safety/Security. There is, for example, a great thread on the Global Entry program there. Just be sure to wear your wading boots.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Unfortunately a lot of immigration/customs threads get buried beneath the fetid heap of hate that is Travel Safety/Security. There is, for example, a great thread on the Global Entry program there. Just be sure to wear your wading boots.
If that is an example of a thread that is buried, then FT is full of zombies.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 4:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've seen info in the various country forums & no hate there

Cheers.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 12:54 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
There's an exceptionally good scroll bar to the right of one's screen on most browsers to help alleviate viewing any undeserved perceived "hate". @:-)
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Spot-on! They're a stroppy bunch indeed.

In my opinion the best place for these sorts of discussions/enquiries is within the individual country forums.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 7:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Discussions on these matters already occur on FT in generally appropriate ways in generally appropriate forums despite whatever fanciful characterizations some may wish to apply to the current, well-deserved norm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.