Search

Add Charter Operators forum?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Gold, Delta - Gold, US - Gold, Marriott - Gold, Hilton - Gold
Add Charter Operators forum?

Hi Randy,

Great catching up with you at NBTA in Houston at the Etihad booth.

Can you please add a section about charter / fractionals / jet cards? Let me know if you would like any assistance with this.

Thanks,
Global Express
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:13 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since Randy has tasked the Talkboard with new forum requests, I'll move this there from Only Randy Petersen.

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, ORP
Old Sep 14, 2010, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Is there sufficient demonstrated need for this forum? Miles/points obtained from the use of such flights?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Global Express
Can you please add a section about charter / fractionals / jet cards?
Can you highlight some of the threads from the last year where these topics were discussed? If you can't demonstrate a need, it will be a long road ahead to get a new forum approved.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Spiff
Is there sufficient demonstrated need for this forum? Miles/points obtained from the use of such flights?
I think it was another charter flight who will provided to get on the foreign airlines and etc. Obviously, I can definitely that we will agree to create new forums. That mean it was not a regular schedules. Only for a charter flights where lots of the tourists who likes to get on the flights
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N830MH
I think it was another charter flight who will provided to get on the foreign airlines and etc. Obviously, I can definitely that we will agree to create new forums. That mean it was not a regular schedules. Only for a charter flights where lots of the tourists who likes to get on the flights
I do not think that the OP meant charter as in tourist or pilgrims charters (i.e. a tour operator chartering a flight and offering seats to the general public, either separately or as part of a package tour).
Rather, it seems to me that the OP meant chartering as in private transport: a (wealthy) individual or company chartering a plane for their own needs.

As regards tourist charters, they would fit reasonably well in the budget travel forum.

As to what the OP had in mind, I can aware of only one miles-focused thread on this (the Lufthansa private jet thread on a few months back). The topic is more of a general air travel topic, but with probably not enough traffic to justify its own forum and, therefore, normally falling within the general remit of travelbuzz.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by NickB
As to what the OP had in mind, I can aware of only one miles-focused thread on this (the Lufthansa private jet thread on a few months back). The topic is more of a general air travel topic, but with probably not enough traffic to justify its own forum and, therefore, normally falling within the general remit of travelbuzz.
+1.

BTW when my ear hears charters I tend to think of charter airlines like Thomas Cook in UK or Air Transat here in Canada, not chartering my own plane. Obviously YMMV.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
DL markets the "Air Elite Card" for those who may consider using it to charter private jet travel -- that provides DL Diamond status for two.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...et-flyers.html

LH's approach is somewhat different but they too are in the market in their own way.

Isn't "luxury hotel" already a forum here on FT? Even as that forum is as active as it is, I cannot see a "luxury air charter" forum being much more active than it would be amusing (for example, as a pick-up place for or ISO "sugar daddy/mommy") .

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 17, 2010 at 3:13 am
Old Sep 17, 2010, 3:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by NickB
If the opportunity for mileage accrual exists then the appropriate home would seem to be one of the several Other [Region X] FF Programs or, if already affiliated with an existing F program, in the established airline forum. Otherwise, TravelBuzz is the better spot.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Are there existing threads that demonstrate demand for air Air Charter Forum?

FT caters to a wide variety of travellers - budget to high end - but I fail to see extensive discussions happening about the features of that industry.

Then again, if the OP wants to impress the TB with some actual and long living examples please go ahead and we will listen!

Cheers
~S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.