Search

Motion Passed: Combine Frontier and Midwest Forums

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2010, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Motion Passed: Combine Frontier and Midwest Forums

Moved by bhatnasx and seconded by Markie that

The TalkBoard recommends the creation of a "Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns" parent forum and renaming the current Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns and Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles forums to Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment) and Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment). The two Pre-Alignment fora will be subfora to the Frontier EarlyReturns parent forum. This change is recommended to go into effect on July 15, 2010.
This vote will close on July 2, 10 at 9:38 am or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

So while there is already a thread and discussion on this general topic and it is safe to assume that TalkBoard members have reviewed that thread, this thread is about this specific motion. Please feel free to post questions, comments or any other sort of feedback.

A motion shall pass if two-thirds of TalkBoard members participating in that vote vote ‘yes.’
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:11 am

I thought I'd summarize much of what has been posted in various places to encapsule the details of our reuqest.

The request to combine the Frontier and Midwest Flyertalk communities is based on several specific components of this event which differ from conventional mergers.

A Merger of Brands, Not Airlines

--The merger is the combination of two brands, not two airlines, because Midwest’s owner surrendered their operating certificate last November. Midwest has not technically existed since November 2009.

--What has been marketed and sold as “Midwest” since last November have been flights operated by Frontier and by other code-share divisions of Republic, the parent company who owns both brands.

--The two separate marketing entities remain at this point only because of technological and contractual hurdles which are (wisely) being cleared at a measured pace.

One FF Program in Function, Soon In Identity

--All features and functions of the two programs have been aligned, and reciprocity of both earning and redemption are already implemented.

--As of July 15th miles can flow between accounts, the last barrier. The final process of retiring the Midwest Miles name will begin shortly thereafter, but the programs are one in all functional aspects even before the Midwest Miles name is retried.

Best Interest of FlyerTalk Community

--Frequent Flyer items posted in one forum by definition also belongs in the other. Keeping separate forums means members who only check one board miss out on information posted in the other.

--The combined forum will have significantly more activity and vitality than the two individual forums have historically been.
--All regular contributors in both forums who have voiced an opinion are in favor of combining the two communities as soon as possible.

We ask for and appreciate your consideration based on these facts. If anyone is in oppositiion to this specific request, I welcome them to post the reasoning in support of that opposition.

Last edited by knope2001; Jun 18, 2010 at 11:16 am
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, as this question may come up....

I made this motion with the request to start on 7/15 rather than as soon as it was passed as 7/15 is the published date for the programs to allow mileage transfers back & forth.

From reading the thread, I think most TB members that posted in it agree the forums should be merged - it was just a question of when. I look at the 7/15 date as a sort of compromise to get the ball rolling on this.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 3:24 pm

I vote yes, consolidate the threads.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
FWIW, as this question may come up....

I made this motion with the request to start on 7/15 rather than as soon as it was passed as 7/15 is the published date for the programs to allow mileage transfers back & forth.

From reading the thread, I think most TB members that posted in it agree the forums should be merged - it was just a question of when. I look at the 7/15 date as a sort of compromise to get the ball rolling on this.
You're due diligence and support is much appreciated bhatnasx.

I recall exchanging PMs with you last month, and have always found you to be responsive. Look forward to my continued support of you as a TB member.

Last edited by RSVP; Jun 18, 2010 at 4:47 pm
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Nice summarization Knope and I fully support the combination into one parent forum called Frontier EarlyReturns.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:31 am

I am a frequest poster on the Midwest forum and am in favor of consolidation. I am looking forward to having both the Midwest and Frontier forums combined. Knope2001 laid out all the facts. We really do need one forum. It is cumbersome to have two separate forums for this combined airline.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Vote Passed: Combine Frontier and Midwest Forums

Moved by bhatnasx and seconded by Markie:

The TalkBoard recommends the creation of a "Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns" parent forum and renaming the current Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns and Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles forums to Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment) and Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment). The two Pre-Alignment fora will be subfora to the Frontier EarlyReturns parent forum. This change is recommended to go into effect on July 15, 2010.
Yes:
B747-437B, bhatnasx, gleff, lucky9876coins, nsx, skywalkerLAX, Spiff 7 87.5%

No:
Markie 1 12.5%

Abstain:
0 0%

Voters: 8.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines, a motion shall pass if two-thirds of TalkBoard members participating in that vote vote ‘yes.’
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Moved by bhatnasx and seconded by Markie:

Yes:
B747-437B, bhatnasx, gleff, lucky9876coins, nsx, skywalkerLAX, Spiff 7 87.5%

No:
Markie 1 12.5%

Abstain:
0 0%

Voters: 8.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines, a motion shall pass if two-thirds of TalkBoard members participating in that vote vote ‘yes.’
If I may, I would like to thank all of the members of the TalkBoard for reconsidering the consolidation proposal and offer a special thanks to those who voted in support of the forum merge.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For what it's worth, this was supposed to have gone into effect today. I've posted a note in the private TB forum asking that HOM or IB take action as requested.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 1:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
For what it's worth, this was supposed to have gone into effect today. I've posted a note in the private TB forum asking that HOM or IB take action as requested.
Thanks, bhat. I've also sent Mikel an owl post and expect he'll get back to us shortly.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 6:30 am

Are we making any progress?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by RSVP
Are we making any progress?
As far as I know, a couple of messages have been sent to the HOM (see the post right above yours for one), but I am not aware of (nor am I probably in a position to know) about a response. TalkBoard can only make recommendations to the FlyerTalk Host, who is ultimately responsible for taking action. I'm sure things are in the works and will be enacted just as soon as they possibly can.

Last edited by jackal; Jul 17, 2010 at 5:06 am
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:02 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Update: our new parent forum arrived yesterday morning and we moved right in. Thanks for replying.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by essxjay
Update: our new parent forum arrived yesterday morning and we moved right in. Thanks for replying.
Duh...should have checked before I tried to be helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.