Forum Consolidation: Frontier EarlyReturns & Midwest Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forum Consolidation: Frontier EarlyReturns & Midwest Miles

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by flyYX
I'm okay with consolidation of the Frontier and Midwest Forum asap. I do have one concern... We have a living thread so to speak that is called "Guide to the Milwaukee Airport" that I would like to see transferred to the new Frontier Forum. Maybe even make it a sticky post? Our friends in DEN and MCI may even want to make a their own guides to their respective airports? Just my two cents.
+1

I really like the idea of a sticky about DEN and MCI! I would be more than willing to help, as I frequent both airports!!

Great idea, flyYX!
Old May 23, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
FWIW, in this thread on the Midwest board

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwe...-6-6-10-a.html

report that the most recent Midwest Miles newsletter says

"One Airline=One Frequent Flyer Newsletter. By September, you'll be receiving a combined Midwest/Frontier frequent flyer newsletter bearing our new brand name, EarlyReturns."
Old May 27, 2010, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since there has been quite a bit of discussion about the consolidation of the Frontier and Midwest forums and several TalkBoard members have been getting PMs asking when this will go to a vote, I just wanted to clarify that this is being discussed in the private TalkBoard forum. I think it's safe to say everyone is in favor of these forums eventually being consolidated, so it is more of a question of when. So rest assured we'll be monitoring the forums and program updates, and as soon as enough TalkBoard members feel the timing is right, this will go to a vote.

Thanks for your patience, and rest assured the silence isn't because we're not paying attention.
Old May 28, 2010, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Since there has been quite a bit of discussion about the consolidation of the Frontier and Midwest forums and several TalkBoard members have been getting PMs asking when this will go to a vote, I just wanted to clarify that this is being discussed in the private TalkBoard forum. I think it's safe to say everyone is in favor of these forums eventually being consolidated, so it is more of a question of when. So rest assured we'll be monitoring the forums and program updates, and as soon as enough TalkBoard members feel the timing is right, this will go to a vote.

Thanks for your patience, and rest assured the silence isn't because we're not paying attention.
Sounds great! Thanks for the update.
Old May 28, 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by MostlyAir
Sounds great! Thanks for the update.
+1
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
So now you have have decided not to merge for the present.

Does the fact that many of the best posters are posting their threads on both boards against the FT TOS not show you that you have made the wrong decision?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lougord99
So now you have have decided not to merge for the present.

Does the fact that many of the best posters are posting their threads on both boards against the FT TOS not show you that you have made the wrong decision?
I just took a cursory glance at the two forums & only saw one thread posted in both. The moderator for the two forums is the same and if moderator has an issue with it, then it can be addressed. If you're concerned about it, you can always use the RBP.

That said, there's going to be cross-pollination when two carriers merge.

My personal opinion is that the fora be merged since it's not waiting DOJ approval or anything like that - however, at this time, there doesn't seem to be enough TB support to make that a reality just yet...
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:53 pm

The talkboard wants to continue the myth that these boards are about the FF programs solely. If that were the case, why don't we have seperate boards for the FF program and the airline. This is one airline and should be in 1 discussion.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:00 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by lougord99
The talkboard wants to continue the myth that these boards are about the FF programs solely. If that were the case, why don't we have seperate boards for the FF program and the airline. This is one airline and should be in 1 discussion.
Has something changed, other than the calendar, since you last made this request of TB and received an answer?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I just took a cursory glance at the two forums & only saw one thread posted in both. The moderator for the two forums is the same and if moderator has an issue with it, then it can be addressed. If you're concerned about it, you can always use the RBP.
Please take a closer look:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwe...er-colors.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/front...er-colors.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/front...s-airtran.html
Numerous threads on Midwest about this

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/front...minations.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/front...minations.html

In this case, the poster simply put it on 1 forum but referenced both airlines:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwe...n-nonstop.html

A frontier thread on the Midwest forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwe...win-effie.html

The point here, is that anyone who wants to talk about the airline Frontier, must make a decision as to which forum to post, and that decision is not obvious.

Yes the FF programs are separate. But FF programs are not what FT is all about.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Has something changed, other than the calendar, since you last made this request of TB and received an answer?
Sorry to have wasted your time and FT bandwidth on this subject.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I just took a cursory glance at the two forums & only saw one thread posted in both.
Speaking for myself, there isn't as much cross-posting as one might expect between the two threads precisely because I know it is against the rules to do so. So plenty of things which really are more about Frontier...or about longer-term subjects related to the new Frontier...get posted only on the Midwest forum. Why post them there? Because they are primarily related to the still-called-Midwest part of the combined airline, and just as importantly becuase the community is much more active on the YX board. Things posted to the F9 board don't generate nearly the level of discussion.

If it helps the cause, I can start double-posting everything in both threads which belongs in both threads...which is virtually everything I post.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spiff
There have been a couple things that have changed since the start of this thread.

First let me state if we could simply change the name of the program that would have been done already. Contracts and technology are the only slowing points, these two things take time. The alignment of the tiers is already completed.

http://www.frontiermidwest.com/weare1/timeline/

There are now three Midwest planes painted in Frontier colors, the first RJ was put into service yesterday. RJ airplanes are only used in the old Midwest part of the network. And were either Midwest or generic before this first one. Also, like before there are Midwest planes flying routes that were only in the Frontier network and vice-versa. What does this mean? Midwest customers are flying on Frontier planes and Frontier customers on Midwest.

There is a full codeshare, already was in place, but this means that MM and ER members can earn miles on either airlines no matter where they fly.

Whenever a news articles comes out about Midwest or Frontier it makes sure to reference both airlines. When passenger counts are added up at airports, both Midwest and Frontier are put together to calculate market share.

The MM MasterCard is no longer being sold. If you go down the concourse that Midwest uses at MKE you will notice that it is a Frontier sales rep not Midwest.

There are multiple things that you don't see, but the people that follow and fly Frontier (& Midwest) have seen these things and know it is one airline. No discussion nowadays can be conducted about either airline without referencing the other. Please accelerate the merger of these forums to help reduce confusion and bring the discussion together among the two boards. A good stepping stone would be to use the idea that I suggested for the boards.

If you want to wait that is up to you, but you're hurting the members as many of them voiced their opinions and are in favor of bringing the boards together. They are concerned that you are not acting in their best interests. Shouldn't you be following the wants of the community? You are their vote.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Well said Mostly Air!

It's an utter waste of time going back-n-forth between the Frontier and Midwest forums. Whoever the powers that be are, they need to merge these forums into a sole Frontier Airlines forum.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've brought this topic back in the private TB forum up as I support the merger of the two fora.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.