Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics > TalkBoard Election Debate Archives > Talkboard Debate Archives > TalkBoard Elections/13
Reload this Page >

Question 10: Do you currently participate in public Talkboard discussions?

Old Nov 7, 13, 11:00 am
Community Director
Original Poster

Have you participated in public Talkboard discussions? If not, why are you motivated to serve on Talkboard?
Old Nov 7, 13, 11:12 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Probably too much.

I almost always post to a thread with an idea that looks like it is getting some traction. I also post just about everything that i post in the private forum on the public forum because I think posters have a right to know where their TB members are talking and thinking on issues.

My goal is always to help improve suggestions even if I don't support them. Whether I actually accomplish that or not is a different story.

Because I believe so strongly in transparency, in fact, I still wish that Carol would let us vote on opening the private TB forum for all posters on a read-only basis.
Old Nov 7, 13, 11:20 am
Moderator: Marriott Bonvoy & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I post when I think I have something useful to add. I don't post just to see my name on a page.

Bruce
Old Nov 7, 13, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bdschobel View Post
I post when I think I have something useful to add. I don't post just to see my name on a page.

Bruce
I post only to see my name on a page

No seriously... I have not been in previous TB discussions other than the recent ones and I suppose it has to do with the fact that so far things have been going pretty well around here and so I entrust those who are doing TB to continue as they have been so far.

But now I find I have a bit more time to dedicate to things, and I could maybe help with some of the areas I mentioned before. How some of the MS threads are full of not so nice people and that maybe I can help change that a tiny bit. So to do this, I need to participate in something like TB. now there are spaces available and I have a chance to run.

Hey, besides, then I get to see my name again and it will have the title under it
Old Nov 7, 13, 2:16 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I currently do participate in public TalkBoard discussions and will continue to do so-some topics more than others but I do actively particiapte
Old Nov 7, 13, 4:01 pm

I never had. But there is always a first time...
Old Nov 7, 13, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have. I was extremely active in the discussion about changing OMNI posts from not counting to counting. The more recent discussions I haven't been a part of as they were issues I wasn't overly concerned with but I still monitored them.
Old Nov 7, 13, 10:02 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I have, not in all of them but from time to time.
Old Nov 8, 13, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
I have not posted in the TB discussions, but have tried to stay apprised of the various threads/changes/views.
Old Nov 8, 13, 11:01 am
Moderator, Hertz
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I have not posted in the TB discussions, but I do follow the debates and motions.
Old Nov 8, 13, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Have you participated in public Talkboard discussions? If not, why are you motivated to serve on Talkboard?
No. That's why I want to do Talkboard as really participating in discussions as a non-TB member hardly generates any benefit given the time I would spend reading the debate.
Old Nov 9, 13, 9:57 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
As a member I have elected talk board candidates to represent me and my voice in discussions. I don't feel a need, nor should all members feel a need to have to participate in talkboard discussion. Those elected should represent well and if the members want to chime in do so. I have more time to devout to my life and work etc. then feeling like I have to quality control talkboard elected members with my opinion. If elected I would certainly vote for all those who have a life and are living it.