FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Elections/13 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-elections-13-731/)
-   -   Question 10: Do you currently participate in public Talkboard discussions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-elections-13/1519552-question-10-do-you-currently-participate-public-talkboard-discussions.html)

SanDiego1K Nov 7, 2013 11:00 am

Question 10: Do you currently participate in public Talkboard discussions?

Have you participated in public Talkboard discussions? If not, why are you motivated to serve on Talkboard?

kokonutz Nov 7, 2013 11:12 am

Probably too much.

I almost always post to a thread with an idea that looks like it is getting some traction. I also post just about everything that i post in the private forum on the public forum because I think posters have a right to know where their TB members are talking and thinking on issues.

My goal is always to help improve suggestions even if I don't support them. Whether I actually accomplish that or not is a different story. :)

Because I believe so strongly in transparency, in fact, I still wish that Carol would let us vote on opening the private TB forum for all posters on a read-only basis. ^

bdschobel Nov 7, 2013 11:20 am

I post when I think I have something useful to add. I don't post just to see my name on a page.

Bruce

Marathon Man Nov 7, 2013 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by bdschobel (Post 21745098)
I post when I think I have something useful to add. I don't post just to see my name on a page.

Bruce

I post only to see my name on a page :D:D

No seriously... I have not been in previous TB discussions other than the recent ones and I suppose it has to do with the fact that so far things have been going pretty well around here and so I entrust those who are doing TB to continue as they have been so far.

But now I find I have a bit more time to dedicate to things, and I could maybe help with some of the areas I mentioned before. How some of the MS threads are full of not so nice people and that maybe I can help change that a tiny bit. So to do this, I need to participate in something like TB. now there are spaces available and I have a chance to run.

Hey, besides, then I get to see my name again and it will have the title under it :D:D

goalie Nov 7, 2013 2:16 pm

I currently do participate in public TalkBoard discussions and will continue to do so-some topics more than others but I do actively particiapte

RedRobin Nov 7, 2013 4:01 pm

I never had. But there is always a first time...

CMK10 Nov 7, 2013 5:46 pm

I have. I was extremely active in the discussion about changing OMNI posts from not counting to counting. The more recent discussions I haven't been a part of as they were issues I wasn't overly concerned with but I still monitored them.

VH-RMD Nov 7, 2013 10:02 pm

I have, not in all of them but from time to time.

rwoman Nov 8, 2013 1:52 am

I have not posted in the TB discussions, but have tried to stay apprised of the various threads/changes/views.

jason8612 Nov 8, 2013 11:01 am

I have not posted in the TB discussions, but I do follow the debates and motions.

yerffej201 Nov 8, 2013 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 21744966)
Have you participated in public Talkboard discussions? If not, why are you motivated to serve on Talkboard?

No. That's why I want to do Talkboard as really participating in discussions as a non-TB member hardly generates any benefit given the time I would spend reading the debate.

schley Nov 9, 2013 9:57 am

As a member I have elected talk board candidates to represent me and my voice in discussions. I don't feel a need, nor should all members feel a need to have to participate in talkboard discussion. Those elected should represent well and if the members want to chime in do so. I have more time to devout to my life and work etc. then feeling like I have to quality control talkboard elected members with my opinion. If elected I would certainly vote for all those who have a life and are living it.