Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 9: Will you actively participate?

Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:59 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Question 9: Will you actively participate?

From a member:

Talkboard is & should be more than just having a title under your handle. In the past some FTers have run for Talkboard, and then after winning basically went “MIA” in both the public & private forums, either by not posting in either forum, or just voting only, or sometimes missing votes. Will you commit to active participation - or be willing to resign your post if you aren’t willing to make that commitment?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:13 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Yes. And posters will always know where I stand. Even when where I stand makes no damn sense. ^
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Of course. I am here every day, multiple times a day, and logged in practically every moment. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I check Flyertalk. Crazy, but true!

Bruce
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
From a member:

Talkboard is & should be more than just having a title under your handle. In the past some FTers have run for Talkboard, and then after winning basically went “MIA” in both the public & private forums, either by not posting in either forum, or just voting only, or sometimes missing votes. Will you commit to active participation - or be willing to resign your post if you aren’t willing to make that commitment?
Yes!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I have actively participated and will continue to actively participate and yes, if something comes up that prevents me from doing just that, then yes, I would resign as by not doing so, I would be doing a dis-service to F/t
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Well, just don't ban me for some minor infraction based on a total misunderstanding and I will be here

I have been joked about having some of the longest posts out there and some think that's why I am marathon man. But what this should tell you is that yes, I have a passion for this stuff and will pretty much always be around to do it.

There are days, multiple days, etc when I am not on. Sometimes it's a travel or a phone thing. But mostly I am here and I actually try to get all tasks done (ie, answer Pms, keep up with threads, etc) each time I log in so I can stay in tune with everything going on. If there is no NET or something, well, then I am not logged in, but that is rare. It does happen to all of us though.

BUT if we are members of a board full of members that we trust, then we can pick up if they need us, just like they will pick up if we need them.

So yeah, I'm in.

MM
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:03 pm

yes, and yes, this is the purpose of volunteering to participate here!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of Talk Board of Flyertalk, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Flyertalk.

All kidding aside, I will certainly participate. I'm running so I can represent this website and its posters and I intend to take it very seriously if and hopefully when I'm elected. Trust me, I'm an opinionated loudmouth, I look forward to talking even more than usual (if that's possible).
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Yes, I wouldn't put my hand up for election if I wasn't committed to participating.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
From a member:

I'm happy to make the commitment; active participation and engagement is critical to representing the group on TalkBoard.

If, for whatever reason, my circumstances changed and I could not give it appropriate time/attention, I would resign. Not planning on that happening, but anything is possible!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Why run if you aren't going to execute the duties? I have spent more time on FT than has probably been productive for other parts of my work, family, and social life.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:00 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
yes and yes. I'm running and do plan to activate participate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.