FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Elections/11 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-elections-11-691/)
-   -   Question 16: Who has won your vote during this debate? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-elections-11/1278652-question-16-who-has-won-your-vote-during-debate.html)

SanDiego1K Nov 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Question 16: Who has won your vote during this debate?

Final question:

You've spent the past week discussing various issues regarding FlyerTalk. There's been very active conversation on a number of matters. You've learned a lot about the thoughts of those running alongside you. Besides yourself, for whom will you vote besides yourself?

nsx Nov 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 17428927)
Final question:

You've spent the past week discussing various issues regarding FlyerTalk. There's been very active conversation on a number of matters. You've learned a lot about the thoughts of those running alongside you. Besides yourself, for whom will you vote besides yourself?

kokonutz won my vote through his diligence during his previous term on the TalkBoard. We disagreed most of the time, and he's not the most diplomatic guy, but he is completely dedicated to FlyerTalk and he works very hard on TalkBoard projects. Without kokonutz, I doubt that the comprehensive overhaul of TalkBoard guidelines would not have occurred. It was a very big job, and koko did the heavy lifting. This despite the fact that he was personally opposed to some important aspects of the new guidelines.

That showed me how valuable a dedicated member of the team can be, no matter that he might have a different opinion most of the time. I'll take koko over a disengaged TB member every time, despite the fact that 9-0 votes will be harder to obtain. It will be more fun too.

Ancien Maestro Nov 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Vote

Even prior to the debates, reading the archives of past debates.. I would vote for nsx..

A lot has to do with the principles I've subscribed to.. and the qualities I look for in a board member.. consensus building is the cornerstone of getting things done..

Subscribing to the process, rather than just the vote is important to me..

jackal Nov 11, 2011 3:17 am

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 17429303)
We disagreed most of the time, and he's not the most diplomatic guy, but he is completely dedicated to FlyerTalk and he works very hard on TalkBoard projects.

nsx said it, not me. :p

Although I don't have the first-hand experience working with him that nsx does, I'll surprise myself by saying I've come to appreciate kokonutz' point of view and attitude. I actually look forward to seeing first-hand what he could bring to the TalkBoard--I suspect many positive attributes.

I would also look forward to continuing to work with nsx (koko's polar opposite, in some ways :p), who as I've mentioned before has helped to bring about a productive team-player attitude among the TalkBoard. I think the balance of koko and nsx would be a good asset for the future of FlyerTalk.

There are several others I believe would represent FlyerTalk well, but I'll leave you to make that decision on your own. I hope I am considered among that group. :)

joshwex90 Nov 11, 2011 3:26 am

Well, I've been quite impressed with N830MH over the course of time on FT. He's truly impressed me with his knowledge and dedication.

Over the course of the debates, I've quite enjoyed engaging goalie, and nsx has shown me a real knowledgeable, dedicated leader, both in the debates, and over the course of his previous terms(s).

dinoscool3 Nov 11, 2011 6:42 am

I'd say kokonutz has mine, he seems like a fun guy, and a guy who enjoys TalkBoard.

kipper Nov 11, 2011 7:10 am

RichMSN because he seems very motivated to help serve as a catalyst for change on how TalkBoard operates, from solving various issues to improving the FlyerTalk experience for everyone.

RichMSN Nov 11, 2011 7:40 am

I hate questions like this because I'm going to leave people out and that's not my intention. To me, this is a question of looking at the list of 20 other candidates and being able to pick 4 I want to serve as my TB representative once I lose the election. ;0

The debate is only one of the 3 things I look for when I put together my ballot. I look at:

(1) Candidate platform.

(2) Debate.

(3) Posting on FT, in general.

There have been four candidates I've been impressed with (for different reasons) and they will get my vote. But since I was asked for one, here goes:

kokonutz had my vote before he typed anything in the debate and he did nothing to lose my vote. Passionate, caring, willing to do heavy lifting, and not willing to be satisfied with the status quo. I like to think I want to be like him when I grow up. :D

I'll also be voting for kipper and not because she endorsed me, above. She's a poster in the DL Lounge thread, she likes OMNI, and is a dog person. She's also willing to get to work to try to make TB better. With those qualities, you couldn't pick a better candidate.

The other two votes will be game time decisions, if I decide to cast my allotted 5 at all.

kokonutz Nov 11, 2011 7:57 am

You guys must really hate both me and nsx to want us to serve together. (I keed because I looooove) ;):p

I am going to write in for Punki and Jenbel. Now THERE were some tenacious, strong TBers! Of course one was suspended for life (I can't say which as it might be a TOS violation! :eek:)...proving the point that well-behaved women seldom make history.

As for this slate, I can't pick. Because having an endorsement from me would be a death-knell for that candidate's chances. But I do prefer candidates who are for change, and not for the status quo. Who are ready and will to speak truth to power (and by power I mean both Carol and the mods).

Seriously, though, every candidate standing has a lot of merit. I've enjoyed chatting with you all outside the bounds of every day FTing (which, let's face it, is REALLY why I run....to get to say what I really think outside the bounds of sometimes-oppressive moderators).

Whoever wins the community will be represented by good, caring members. ^

Jinxy Nov 11, 2011 8:51 am

I haven't had any correspondence or prior forum chatter with anyone else here in the election so am still processing different opinions and answers to the questions.

It's obvious the long standing forum members have a wealth of knowledge, dedication and experience, but also fantastic to see some others like myself who are relatively new to FT and just look at things without any pre-conceived ideas.

I also commend NH830MH on his dedication to the forums which is obviously assisting his/her English skills.

Whoever is elected, I wish him/her/they all the best.

dchristiva Nov 11, 2011 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 17430203)
Even prior to the debates, reading the archives of past debates.. I would vote for nsx..

A lot has to do with the principles I've subscribed to.. and the qualities I look for in a board member.. consensus building is the cornerstone of getting things done..

Subscribing to the process, rather than just the vote is important to me..

Well said. nsx will get one of my votes, too, for all of the same reasons.

goalie Nov 11, 2011 9:52 am

Something told me there would be a question like this ;) and I will be completely honest in answering it as follows....

Ever since I registered to vote <gulp> way back when on my 18th birthday, I have always taken my voting choices seriously but also as personal and private. I have been, and will continue to be politically active, but when I receive a phone call saying "hi, I'm calling from the XYZ campaign and I'm wondering if we can count on your vote", I respond the same way......

I never tell anyone who I am voting for as that is one of the last things that one can still hold personal and private but I always do vote as if you don't vote you have no right to b!itch moan and groan over the results and what those who have been elected are doing or not doing.

I know this may appear as a "politician's answer" and I hope you will respect my views on this, but I will say that there are 4 others besides myself that I will be voting for.

dchristiva Nov 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 17432196)
Something told me there would be a question like this ;) and I will be completely honest in answering it as follows....

Ever since I registered to vote <gulp> way back when on my 18th birthday, I have always taken my voting choices seriously but also as personal and private. I have been, and will continue to be politically active, but when I receive a phone call saying "hi, I'm calling from the XYZ campaign and I'm wondering if we can count on your vote", I respond the same way......

I never tell anyone who I am voting for as that is one of the last things that one can still hold personal and private but I always do vote as if you don't vote you have no right to b!itch moan and groan over the results and what those who have been elected are doing or not doing.

I know this may appear as a "politician's answer" and I hope you will respect my views on this, but I will say that there are 4 others besides myself that I will be voting for.

^

United747 Nov 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 17432196)

I was going to say something like that. Just a lot less eloquently.

Delta747

goalie Nov 11, 2011 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Delta747 (Post 17433473)
I was going to say something like that. Just a lot less eloquently.

Delta747

Aw shucks :) <blushing> (and yes, for those that know me, I do blush)