Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics > TalkBoard Election Debate Archives > Talkboard Debate Archives > TalkBoard Elections/11
Reload this Page >

Question 11: Where have you contributed content? helped build community?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question 11: Where have you contributed content? helped build community?

Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:30 pm

I've shared plenty of mileage run deals with the community.

AA SYD-LGA $1172AUD ai rt
AA PIT-PEK $863.20at rt 2.44cpm
UACO: MCO-SEA $240ai rt 3.6cpm
US: SFO-SBY $222- 3.67cpm
DL: LGA-ORD $136 4.4cpm
US: SFO-MSY $240rt 3.3cpm
DL/UA/CO: MSY-ANC ~3pm
UA/CO: SDF-LAS $177 4.4cpm
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:29 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Do you spend the whole day on ITA software? That is a lot of MRs. and some tempting ones...

Delta747
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:13 am

Well, it is over the course of a year or something, so...

But I do spend quite a lot of time ITA'ing and enjoy mastering the art of the mileage run.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: Too many
[QUOTE=belfordrocks;17418033]Well, it is over the course of a year or something, so...

But I do spend quite a lot of time ITA'ing and enjoy mastering the art of the mileage run. [/QUOTE

Can you rustle me up some more fares from SYD or MEL?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Give an example of where you have added content.
As to content, I'll put my focus on the United Airlines forum and Travel Safety and Security.

United Airlines: There would be way too many threads to list so let me simply say that I do my best to share what I've learned from others and share what I've learned with others with the hope that the to/from sharing gets paid forward.

Travel Safety & Security: I'm known as "the Orthopedic Shoe Terrorist" as wear orthopedic shoes and and such, I do not take them off when I fly. I have learned what is the proper way to fly with a certain disability and I share that information every chance I get as if I happen to be the guinea pig and have to deal with the TSA doing it wrong, then perhaps another F/t'er will use the information so they have it done right.

Give an example of where you have participated in community
I'll take this as the "social" aspect of F/t and two that come to mind are the recent Plane Pull Competition at the United Airlines Family Day Open House this past October* and organizing a mini-do for a fellow f/t and her daughter visiting San Francisco.

In both instances, I was asked to put it together and I had a ball doing it and those that participated did as well and while not "mega-events", they were still events that brought F/'ters together and that's what it's all about.

*F/t won the plane pull competition for the third straight year
Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jinxy
Can you rustle me up some more fares from SYD or MEL?
Chances are not this year, the prices are shooting up pretty high. Last Oct/Nov saw some pretty decent deals though...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
I am currently writing my trip report, "Off to D.C. and across the pond" I have posted quite frequently in the Miles&More and United forums. But, I feel that, defining "contributed" content is very subjective. While I look at the MR forums, I don't really benefit from it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.